Original topic:

New Languages being added

(Topic created: a month ago)
GaryB82
Epic Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy S24

Starting in April and rolling out over the upcoming months, the newly supported Galaxy AI languages and dialects will each be available for download as a language pack from the Settings app.

Samsung Electronics today announced the upcoming expansion of three new languages for Galaxy AI: Arabic, Indonesian and Russian, as well as three new dialects: Australian English, Cantonese and Canadian French. In addition to the 13 languages1 already available, Samsung empowers even more Galaxy users around the world to harness the power of mobile AI. In addition to these new languages and dialects, Samsung plans to add four more languages later this year, including Romanian, Turkish, Dutch and Swedish, as well as the traditional Chinese and European Portuguese.

If you've found my post to be helpful, Please like my Comments āœ“āœ“āœ“.
If my response resolved your issue, please press the Like and āœ“āœ“āœ“ to Accept as Solution button.

7 Replies
Hezayat
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S24
I am curious to know why the Arabic language is not included in the original 13 languages that are currently available. Arabic is spoken by nearly half a billion people worldwide, and it is a significant language in many regions. I would appreciate it if you could provide some insight into this decision.
0 Likes
GaryB82
Options
Galaxy S24
We have no information about why a language wasn't included in the beginning. We don't work for Samsung, where users like yourself

If my response resolved your issue, please press the Like and āœ“āœ“āœ“ to Accept as Solution button.

0 Likes
Hezayat
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S24
"where users like yourself". What do you mean by this comment?
0 Likes
GaryB82
Options
Galaxy S24
I mean, everyone on here is a normal user that don't work for Samsung, just users of Samsung products. we don't have insight on the decisions that Samsung makes

Hezayat
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S24
Got it. I'm pretty new to the community space. Thanks
0 Likes
GaryB82
Options
Galaxy S24
You're welcome. Yeah, this is a user to user community trying to help each other if we can.

KiwiBird97
Red Giant
Options
Galaxy S24
Unfortunately, the only Galaxy AI languages/dialects that will be added to cellular variants (S23, S24, and Tab S9+ 5G) will be Cantonese and Taiwanese. Wi-Fi variants of the Tab S9 will get all of the new languages for the Galaxy AI.
0 Likes