JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

No access to phone folders

(Topic created: 09-10-2024 08:30 AM)
RequiredUsername
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S24

Just bought the S24.  In phone storage I have an "Android" folder and "Data" as a subfolder.  When I tap on "Data" I get

"storage/emulated/0/android/data does not exist."

I have an app that stores data in a "data" subfolder.  How do I access that folder?

0 Likes

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
realaud
Honored Contributor
Options
Galaxy S24

Are you sure your app stores its data in the Android data subfolder?  That folder is usually reserved for system files.  In any case, when I go to view that folder in Samsung file manager,  it says "due to security restrictions, the contents of this folder can only be viewed on a computer".  So, you should connect your phone to a computer and then try to open the folder again, if the data you are looking for is truly in that folder.  If your data is accessible to you through your app, there should be no reason to go hunting for it in file manager.

View solution in context

2 Replies
Solution
realaud
Honored Contributor
Options
Galaxy S24

Are you sure your app stores its data in the Android data subfolder?  That folder is usually reserved for system files.  In any case, when I go to view that folder in Samsung file manager,  it says "due to security restrictions, the contents of this folder can only be viewed on a computer".  So, you should connect your phone to a computer and then try to open the folder again, if the data you are looking for is truly in that folder.  If your data is accessible to you through your app, there should be no reason to go hunting for it in file manager.

RequiredUsername
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S24

Worked perfectly.  Thanks

0 Likes