Original topic:

Not getting FB push notifications.

(Topic created: 09-08-2024 01:35 AM)
SH0RTY1
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S24
Ever since I setup my S24 Ultra back in July, I have not received my FB push notifications. Before switching to Android, I was an Apple user for many years. I've reset my iPhone to factory settings. I have my app push notifications on, I have the fb notifications on in the settings of the phone, I've tried clearing cache and data, I have uninstalled the app, reinstalled it. I have checked notification categories, everything is on. I've signed out of FB and signed back in. I never use DND, so that is not on. I have tried clearing the phones cache partition. All of my other apps get push notifications just fine, except fb. I only see the notifications while I'm using the app. FB support never replies to any feedback I've sent, or has reached back out to me about the push notifications not working. Anyone have an idea on what is causing this app to not get push notifications period? I've done so much searching on Google and everything I've tried, doesn't work. I've exhausted all my options. Anyone have anything else they can suggest that I haven't already tried? Thanks in advanced! #facebook #pushnotifications
9 Replies
Cleetus
Halo
Options
Galaxy S24
Following.... I also am having the same issues. S24 Ultra.
Options
Galaxy S24
Go to settings, then notifications, then advanced settings. Scroll down and make sure that manage notification categories for each app is turned on. After that, long press your Facebook icon and when the dialog box pops up, tap the small I in the top right corner. Tap on the notification section and make sure things are allowed for each category you want. I hope this ends up helping. If not, hopefully someone else may know.
SH0RTY1
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S24
I've done this already, they still don't come through.
0 Likes
Options
Galaxy S24
Oh, ok... not sure what else to suggest.
Blakeercksn
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S24
Your samsung phone automatically turns off notifications on apps when you ignore too many of them for too long. You can simply fix this by going to the app in settings and turning on notifications.

This may also be a Facebook setting. To fix this, you can go into your settings of Facebook or in settings, go to the Facebook app, click on notifications, and at the bottom click configure in Facebook. There you can fix your notifications.
0 Likes
SH0RTY1
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S24
I've done this unfortunately, still does not work.
0 Likes
GaryB82
Galactic Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy S24
@Shorty1 I wish I had a fix for you, but I haven't been able to get any notifications from Facebook in years. Can't seem to figure that one out of FB support and Samsung support couldn't help.

If you've found my post to be helpful, Please like my Comments āœ“āœ“āœ“.
If my response resolved your issue, please press the Like and āœ“āœ“āœ“ to Accept as Solution button.

0 Likes
JustCallMeAl
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S24
See Samsung community. S24 ultra has gone 64 bit only ? and does not support 32 bit apps any longer ? Google lead services fails to search for me and my credit union app won't sign in
0 Likes
Options
Galaxy S24
Yes. The s24 series is now 64 bit only. The app developers need to update their apps to support that. But in the future, you should make your own post and not ask a question in someone else's post.