Original topic:

Not receiving weather alerts

(Topic created: a week ago)
ReyRex
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S24
I was sitting in a conference when suddenly everyone started receiving severe weather alerts on their phones. My phone got nothing. I checked my settings and all emergency alerts are enabled, as well as precise location, Google location, and weather app permissions. My phone and apps are updated to the latest software. I am however, receiving Amber alerts. Is anyone having the same issue? 
0 Likes
12 Replies
realaud
Neutron Star
Options
Galaxy S24
There is no setting in the emergency alerts specifically for weather events. It may be rolled into one of the other categories. I got an emergency weather alert (flash flood warning) the other day, and I think it came from the emergency alert system because it had a siren. It could have come from my FEMA app, though. I thought I had sounds from FEMA turned off, but I see they updated their app to only temporarily give silent alerts. My weather app is set to silent. All you can do is make sure all the alert categories are turned on (you may have some turned off) and, if you don't have the FEMA app, get it.
0 Likes
ReyRex
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S24
As I said, all settings are allowed and not silenced. As a matter of fact, the Emergency Alert History doesn't even show that event. The phone is not receiving the weather alerts.
0 Likes
realaud
Neutron Star
Options
Galaxy S24
My emergency alert history doesn't show the flash flood alert I got the other day. It shows me only 5 alerts since I got this phone--all amber alerts and the last one in February; which is odd, as I'm fairly certain that within the last two months there was a silver alert that I received. Maybe it didnt come through the alert system, as the sheriff's office calls, texts and emails all at the same time.
0 Likes
userra
Comet
Options
Galaxy S24
I received a weather alert a while back but believe the alerts are geographically targeted to WEA able devices and I'm sure yours is. If it was me, I would contact my carrier. , as they push these alerts that originate from public officials.i think these alerts should be national to raise awareness, you know.
0 Likes
realaud
Neutron Star
Options
Galaxy S24
A local severe weather alert blasted nationally wouldn't serve any purpose except to annoy those who are not interested, thus rendering the alert system useless if people start to ignore them. Those that have an interest, because of friends or family in certain areas, can get the FEMA app and choose what areas they want alerts for.
0 Likes
userra
Comet
Options
Galaxy S24
Yeah that's true, under Advanced in the wireless emergency alerts it takes me to Google messages, do you think choosing Google over Samsung messages could be a factor for the user not getting alerts? It said it will text me the alerts and had 1 tornado and never received the text only push notifying verbally.
0 Likes
realaud
Neutron Star
Options
Galaxy S24
I use google messages, i certaibly get wireless alerts.. i see no advanced setting in the wireless alerts, so i dont see what you are referring to.
0 Likes
userra
Comet
Options
Galaxy S24
Right here1718500162702.jpg1718500162728.jpg
realaud
Neutron Star
Options
Galaxy S24
clicking that just takes me to the alert history. The only time I ever get a text alert is when the local Sheriff puts out a silver alert. They call, text and email everyone in the county, so it's nice to know if I ever go missing and anyone cares to report it, at least everyone in PBC will know.
0 Likes