Original topic:

One UI 6.1 is a Mess. We are going Backwards.

(Topic created: 05-14-2024 09:38 AM)
izephyr
Galaxy
Options
Galaxy S24

Ok, Long Term Samsung user here, since the days of Samsung Star. It was a great job optimizing the One UI in the past few years. But Since One UI 6, it looks like we are going back and it is continuing. On the One UI 6.1, things got worse and we are going backwards. Innovation is being slowed down. Indeed AI is remarkable and revolutionary as it is necessary to keep pace with the demands of the present time. But small things are sometimes important and shouldn't be ignored.

• Gesture Navigation Taken Away
  • Gallery Trash Became Mandatory. Should have option to enable/disable
  • AOD and Lockscreen Clock options are awful.
  • Security Settings Should be locked down by the phone's locking method. 
  • In the Allowed Network for Apps settings, it should have an option "None".
  • Still limiting file sharing to 500 Files. Man, I have 20000+ photos in my  1TB variant S22 ultra (And on the S24 U, too). Why the limit? 

And there are many many more things that needs to be fixed or added. Forget adding new features. But removing things already popular and useful is bad.

And, yes, Good Lock is not always a solution as it is Geo-restricted.

Anyways, the One UI is usually fluid and is the best Android implementation of all phone brands and I'm glad there are 1000s useful features. Yet, these (and more ovbiously) things need to be taken care of. 

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you and drop some
5 Replies
ArtDesk
Supernova
Options
Galaxy S24
Too bad we don't live in perfect. Half the features I have to look at Youtube videos to learn. I use my phone mainly as a business tool. The tablet is where I learn the UI and new features from. I'm pleased, I've owned some other manufacturer's phones and they feel like bare bones in comparison. 😆
TipsyTrex
Supernova
Options
Galaxy S24
Alternative Gesture nav was removed by google in android 15, goodlock is the only way to restore it unless Google changes their tune. Gallery trash being mandatory is because people keep "accidentally" deleting their pictures and complaining about it.

Agree with the rest, ESPECIALLY the baffling changes made to the AoD and lockscreen clocks. FYI though, some of the setting for the aod and lockscreen now exist under wallpaper and style
izephyr
Galaxy
Options
Galaxy S24

Yes, I am also using the Good Lock to eliminate the shortcomings as much as possible. But the current AOD setup is useless.

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you and drop some
0 Likes
userYkJMbb0YPz
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S24

Use an alternative photo gallery. I've never even opened my Samsung gallery, couldn't care less about it. I use Simple Gallery. Select the photos or albums you want to delete, press the trash can icon, poof, gone.

0 Likes
Stop_Random_Updated
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S24
Why is it necessary for developers to change random phone settings in the software updates or system updates? Not having the clock style in the AOD after the latest software update is pointless. Just make your software updates and leave MY settings alone!
0 Likes