Original topic:

RCS disappeared from my Google messages

(Topic created: 3 weeks ago)
kck18
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S24

I have the S24 ultra on Verizon, and I use the Google messages app, solely. For months I had RCS messaging with a few different people that worked flawlessly and was great. then someone else i know got RCS on their iPhone last week and it was working between the two of us. Then suddenly the last 3 days, my phone now states that my device is not eligible for RCS???? 

This makes 0 sense. My app is updated, same with my software for the phone. I understand there are some specifics with user to user. But what's bothering me is that I did have it and it worked but now it's gone? 

63 Replies
opq9
Halo
Options
Galaxy S24
Samsung is intentionally harming our phones
0 Likes
Options
Galaxy S24
Ya they're intentionally harming their best selling product so that people will stop buying their phones.
0 Likes
Robin621k
Honored Contributor
Options
Galaxy S24
Try clearing the cache in the app. Long press on the app, you will get a pop-up, tap on the "i" go to store and clear cache.
0 Likes
kck18
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S24

This is the equivalent of "did you turn it off/back on?" .... aka yes, I did this, made no difference lol. I'm in tech, so I went through a slew of things before resulting in posting here. Including rebooting my phone just for the funsies. 

0 Likes
Robin621k
Honored Contributor
Options
Galaxy S24
Have you checked for a Google Play System update ? One dropped a couple of days ago.

Wipe cache partition?

Uninstall and reinstalling?

Who is your carrier?
0 Likes
kck18
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S24

Almost all of this info is in the main post. 

App is updated, phone software is updated. rebooted phone, force stopped/cleared cache, you can't uninstall/reinstall the Google messages app as it's the default one. Verizon. 

0 Likes
Rayzorblade
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S24
Try search for the app or click on regular msg n see if it tells you to rcs cause that's wat I did
0 Likes
kck18
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S24

This makes no sense? If I got to a message it only gives SMS/MMS. If you go into settings to turn on RCS it claims the device isn't compatible, but it is since it's worked before. 

0 Likes
Hagar
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S24
My S24+ was fine until One UI 6.1.1 came along. Multiple errors and hiccups constantly occurred. Something maybe a little buggy about this update. I have used Samsung phones for over a dozen years, without any problems. It seems the more features Samsung piles on, the worse things get.