Original topic:

RCS disappeared from my Google messages

(Topic created: yesterday)
kck18
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S24

I have the S24 ultra on Verizon, and I use the Google messages app, solely. For months I had RCS messaging with a few different people that worked flawlessly and was great. then someone else i know got RCS on their iPhone last week and it was working between the two of us. Then suddenly the last 3 days, my phone now states that my device is not eligible for RCS???? 

This makes 0 sense. My app is updated, same with my software for the phone. I understand there are some specifics with user to user. But what's bothering me is that I did have it and it worked but now it's gone? 

0 Likes
9 Replies
opq9
Halo
Options
Galaxy S24
Samsung is intentionally harming our phones
0 Likes
Options
Galaxy S24
Ya they're intentionally harming their best selling product so that people will stop buying their phones.
0 Likes
Robin621k
Honored Contributor
Options
Galaxy S24
Try clearing the cache in the app. Long press on the app, you will get a pop-up, tap on the "i" go to store and clear cache.
0 Likes
kck18
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S24

This is the equivalent of "did you turn it off/back on?" .... aka yes, I did this, made no difference lol. I'm in tech, so I went through a slew of things before resulting in posting here. Including rebooting my phone just for the funsies. 

0 Likes
Rayzorblade
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S24
Try search for the app or click on regular msg n see if it tells you to rcs cause that's wat I did
0 Likes
kck18
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S24

This makes no sense? If I got to a message it only gives SMS/MMS. If you go into settings to turn on RCS it claims the device isn't compatible, but it is since it's worked before. 

0 Likes
Hagar
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S24
My S24+ was fine until One UI 6.1.1 came along. Multiple errors and hiccups constantly occurred. Something maybe a little buggy about this update. I have used Samsung phones for over a dozen years, without any problems. It seems the more features Samsung piles on, the worse things get.
0 Likes
kck18
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S24

Hmm, I'm on 6.1 and that was last updated on sept 6th. and no available update for me. But the RCS was working for a while after that update, so not sure. 

0 Likes
user5XsUPRRsqw
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S24
I agree the .messages app is being over run withe Google, I get more and more disappointed with samsung devices, creat an app just to end the app not realizing we purchase the devices because of what they offer. Might have to change to Apple device
0 Likes