Original topic:

Reading text on web pages

(Topic created: a week ago)
hmcfly
Halo
Options
Galaxy S24

I'm having  trouble getting my phone to read material  that's on the web I got it to work on shorter web pages but I have a long one and I click to read out loud  and it doesn't  any body know why it won't work  thanks

0 Likes
35 Replies
realaud
Honored Contributor
Options
Galaxy S24

Any chance you have to scroll down for the hidden text to be visible for the reader?

0 Likes
hmcfly
Halo
Options
Galaxy S24
You know I just noticed when I push the read outlouad butter the is a play button up top but when I push it it still doesn't play and this is if I select the whole text or not
0 Likes
hmcfly
Halo
Options
Galaxy S24
I tried that also
0 Likes
realaud
Honored Contributor
Options
Galaxy S24

Which browser are you using? does it happen in all browsers?

0 Likes
hmcfly
Halo
Options
Galaxy S24
I'm using edge it works on some sites but I have a Bible one that sends me passages that can be a bit long and I can't get it to work on that one
0 Likes
realaud
Honored Contributor
Options
Galaxy S24

Which setting/app are you using to read text?

0 Likes
hmcfly
Halo
Options
Galaxy S24
I'm just pick a word and the click on the three buttons and it says read aloud sometimes that works and other times it doesn't I have noticed a triangle is up top like a start button I push it and it doesn't do anything
0 Likes
realaud
Honored Contributor
Options
Galaxy S24

so, you didn't turn anything on, it's just there by default?  I'm trying to replicate.

0 Likes
hmcfly
Halo
Options
Galaxy S24
U tured on a couple of things on after it wouldn't work i have since turned them off like Bixby
0 Likes