Original topic:

Reverse compatability and things not interchangeable. Shame on you, Samsung

(Topic created: Wednesday)
nVr2EaRLey1981
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S24
Remember back in the day If you use any other charger than Apple genuine chargers in your phone would say charger, not compatible and not charge your device. 

Remember back in the day when an older devices would still work with newer devices. i.e a Samsung S20+ and a Gear S3 Frontier. 

Well Samsung welcome to 2024. Thanks for discontinuing or changing many of the concepts that made this company great. 

I dug my Gear S3 Frontier out of the sock drawer to only find out, it is not compatible with my S24U.

Tried to charge my Watch5 Pro with the old style charger (as I have hated the length, on the "fast watch charger".) Only to find it errors out and starts flashing. Not to mention the "new style charger" magnetic capabilites are weak!

I have owned almost every phone Samsung has made all the back to the S3. We have tvs, a microwave, and at least 2 phones, 2 watches and 2 tablets in our houses household... but if they plan to follow Apple's foot steps/ gimmicks, I will be switching brands... WHAT'S NEXT, INTENTIONALLY THROTTLING OR CLOCKING OLDER DEVICES? 

SHAME ON YOU
0 Likes
2 Replies
realaud
Neutron Star
Options
Galaxy S24
Calm down. Technology changes and older devices cannot always be made compatible with the new. In the case of the old Frontier watch, its a completely different OS, support for which has ended. As far as your watch charger, is it genuine Samsung, or an off brand? The Android system has had at least 2 upgrades since the S20, and that's not on Samsung, it's on Google. Accept the inevitable obsolescence or give up tech. All you can hope to do is keep your tech running until it doesn't and you may not get to take advantage if newer things because of incompatibility. You don't really think other brands will be any different, do you?
Robin621k
Neutron Star
Options
Galaxy S24
It's an 8 yr old watch!