JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

S24 Feedback Review: My Frustrations with the S24 Ultra

(Topic created: 01-27-2024 12:26 PM)
Tracy2fast4u08
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S24

Change is sometimes good, but sometimes it's just annoying. I knew something was up when all of my settings did not apply to my 24 from my 23. Usually that means features have been removed...

My first complaint is the navigation gestures. They have completely redone how they work and it's counterproductive. If you want to pull up your open apps to bounce between them in a flash, you now have to swipe up from the bottom middle of the screen like you would to go home, but hold it up to the middle of the screen for a few seconds. In order to go back, you now swipe across from the side of the screen instead of swiping up from the bottom right. Getting back to home is still the same at least. These gestures take much more movement from your fingers and much more time. For the first time in years, I may just have those ugly "buttons" that stay on your screen for the first time in years because it's faster. I'm not sure why they changed this in the first place. In order to get to the new Google AI, you just hold the bottom middle bar on the screen. Which is also annoying if you are like me and want a clean UI since you can't remove that bar.

My next complaint I'm sure less people will have because many people didn't know it existed or ever used it. The AOD had a feature where you could add a custom image or gif to the clock widget. I am a huge car person so I had a Toyota logo right under the clock for my always on display. Any time I would go to car meets/outings, I would get so many people asking how I did that. Everyone loved it including myself. Now your options are a clock by itself or your whole entire lock screen background as your always on display. The latter was the option auto selected when I was setting up my phone. I honestly thought my phone was faulty. I was like "why is my lock screen constantly on?".

I hope that these are things they will fix/add back. I upgrade phones every year and this was the first time I was genuinely disappointed on things that were taken away/changed.

userQyVCmoGfXv
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S24
Yeah give that a try. Hopefully you can figure it out. It was incredibly frustrating getting used to the new navigation bar bc I couldn't hit back. So I fully understand you.
0 Likes
Bertolo
Comet
Options
Galaxy S24
You know you can return it.
Tracy2fast4u08
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S24
No. Really?!
Options
Galaxy S24
I did
ClintLee
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S24
Referring to TrentX. If the option to use Gestures in the Navigation Bar doesn't work, it's a legit issue. That's all. No Samsung probably couldn't give a !@#$ what we don't like. I agree on that
0 Likes
Cpjones5
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S24
Galaxy themes has a lot of nice AODs. Not sure if they have the one you had, but it's worth a shot.
0 Likes
Tracy2fast4u08
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S24
Sadly, they do not. I had made a custom logo and uploaded it for mine 🥲
uservHEgwKm7xQ
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S24
Yeah I just noticed this too.
0 Likes
uservHEgwKm7xQ
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S24
Annoying. I was wondering why it didn't all copy.
Options
Galaxy S24
This has to stop... We're all a part of Samsung's members' community. Please respond respectfully to a member's post. Every member has something to offer, and remember, you don't have to correct or reprimand another member just because you "think," or "know," you're right. Wouldn't it be easier to politely offer help in a courteous manner. I wish everyone the best!!! Thank you.