Original topic:

S24 Ultra Biometrics Fingerprint not working with Zagg Screen protector

(Topic created: 03-17-2024 04:03 PM)
uservC6n82S0iT
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S24
I purchased the S24 Ultra 2-weeks ago, March 8-9th, 2024. At the time of purchase, the sales representative sold me a Zagg glass screen protector and the representative installed it. In the store, the representative assisted me in setting up my biometric fingerprint. The process was more difficult than I am accustomed. My previous phone was a S20 Note 5G. I had no problems with my protector. I have registered 2-3 fingerprint scans on multiple occasions in an attempt to fix. I have turned the touch sensitivity on/off before and on/off after setting up my fingerprint scan. I have used washed and dried hands, and moisturizer on my hands. This makes no difference. I have pressed harder or softer. Angled and straight. Sat the phone down and held the phone in my hand. There are moments when the scanner works, but most often, not at all. To unlock the phone I use my pass code, which works flawlessly. Everything else on the screen works flawlessly and responsive. My phone is updated, Software One UI 6.1. I've read in several places this is a known problem. Please don't insult our intelligence with questions and solutions that have already been attempted. I suspect the phone will work fine if I remove the glass, but then the screen is unprotected and that is unreasonable. I just want Samsung to acknowledge the problem exists, and let us know they are working on a solution. An ETA would be nice, but that may be asking too much. 

Thanks
11 Replies
richut84
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S24
I also had the same issue. I used a flexible screen protector and it works great.
0 Likes
uservC6n82S0iT
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S24
Thanks. If Samsung doesn't offer a solution, or I just get annoyed with it, I'll just go with the flexible protector.
Robin621k
Neutron Star
Options
Galaxy S24
I use Torras tempered glass screen protector. It works flawlessly all the time.
0 Likes
cmw458
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S24
My flexible protector from t mobile works...but then doesn't and it's infuriating. Even after erasing and reprogramming.
Options
Galaxy S24

As I posted few weeks ago...

Many people having issues using tempered glass.  

https://www.reddit.com/r/samsung/comments/19f9ici/fingerprint_scanner_on_s24_ultra/

uservC6n82S0iT
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S24
Thanks. I read that post also, and up'd. Apparently, this wasn't an issue until a recent operating system update. Technology companies often make modifications in batches and will likely address this eventually. It's best to have the concern listed in many sites/locations so Samsung can see many users are affected, and they will make the fixes a priority.
loudd2v
Halo
Options
Galaxy S24
I use the Spigen tempered glass screen protector, and it works great. I just add two fingerprints for the same finger, and I hold my finger there until it says to lift my finger, and it works amazingly. It's also really easy to install.
0 Likes
gc10
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S24

I miss how easily my iphone worked first time and every time. 

The facial recognition on my brand new S24 doesn't work  - despite registering 2 different views and turning on brighten screen.

I cannot get a reading on my fingerprints - using tempered glass elite Zagg screen protector.  

Pls make a fix for this problem Samsung!

usermzeJaY3BsM
Black Hole
Options
Galaxy S24

Does the adhesive for the screen protector cover the entire screen, or does it just go around the edges?  If it just goes around the edges, then there is a little gap between the protector and the actual sensor, which can cause issues.  My recommendation would be the Whitestone Dome protector, as that uses liquid adhesive that covers the entire screen and prevents this gap.

FYI: The touch sensitivity option does not impact the fingerprint reader in any way, not sure why so may are suggesting enabling this as it is for screen touches, which is technically not what the fingerprint reader is using.