Original topic:

S24 Ultra - Camera photos missing from Gallery

(Topic created: 3 weeks ago)
LKHailey
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S24

I just returned from a month long vacation, and went to transfer my photos and videos from my phone to my PC, and none of them are there! However, I can view all of them using Google Photos. Some pictures from the last couple of days are there, as well as screen shots and downloaded pictures. They are not in trash - only some that I deliberately deleted, they aren't synced to OneDrive either. I have plenty of space on the phone, and I did not archive photos in Google Photos. 

Please help! I can get my pictures from Google Photos, but the quality is degraded. I want to transfer the originals as taken by the phone camera. 

5 Replies
Kdrewh
Sun
Options
Galaxy S24
Is it possible that you're not seeing all "albums" in the gallery. Can you see a link toward the top right that says "Show All Albums"? Or is it possible you're in Recents and not the actual Camera album
0 Likes
LKHailey
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S24

No. Photos taken with the camera are in the "Camera" album, and that cannot be "hidden" but it's set to show all albums anyway. The photos are not in Trash or Restored, in My Files, and are also not backed up to OneDrive, even though that syncing is enabled. Photos I took before and after the trip DO show up in Gallery. I can see screen shots, and downloaded pictures, just nothing taken by the camera during that time period, except a few photos that I shared to Instagram or Facebook.  

The only difference from normal was that I was in Airplane mode much of the time, and was manually setting different time zones as I traveled, but that should not have any effect on photos saving to the phone's hard drive and being viewable in Gallery.  

0 Likes
Robfairclough
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S24

I have the same issue. 4 years of photos missing for no reason. The only thing I did was clear the cache. 

Kdrewh
Sun
Options
Galaxy S24
Very interesting. Hope you figure it out.
userzVRBPr8hNP
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S24
I just took some pictures at a 5K race, and they are gone, nothing in the delete bin. There are some in Google photos....where are my photos, does anyone know?