Original topic:

S24 Ultra-- Photos/Videos are randomly deleting after 3 days

(Topic created: a week ago)
bwan1011
Halo
Options
Galaxy S24
I'm having issues with Photos and videos randomly deleting after 3 days of existing in my phone.

These Photos are NOT being backed up to any service (like Google photos, onedrive sync..). Which means I'm not having something get auto deleted after they backed up. I don't even have any of these services installed or enabled.

Does someone have any resolution? This has been happening for a while and I keep my phone up to date.
0 Likes
6 Replies
JLo33
Galaxy
Options
Galaxy S24
When THIS was happening to me it was because I didn't have enough local storage and I wasn't able to keep photos, send messages. But it doesn't sound like it could be that. Check device care in Settings? May be some insight there?
0 Likes
bwan1011
Halo
Options
Galaxy S24
I have free space... only using 121Gb out of 512Gb
0 Likes
bwan1011
Halo
Options
Galaxy S24
Thank you for your suggestion, I've looked through device care and cannot find these photos/Videos listed at all. It's like they're just erased without me doing anything
0 Likes
JLo33
Galaxy
Options
Galaxy S24
I should have asked, but are you using Google Photos as your gallery or Samsungs Gallery app?
0 Likes
bwan1011
Halo
Options
Galaxy S24
As stated in the message post, I'm not using Google photos or any service backup services. Don't even have them installed
0 Likes
JLo33
Galaxy
Options
Galaxy S24
You did state it and I re-read it multiple times, hahaha, my bad.
So I was perusing the internet and found something in which you may be able to find some of those photos, but as to why it's happening, I still don't know exactly what. I did read a forum from 3-4 years ago and is still active from at least 1 month ago.
I'm not sure if this will help.
Hopefully you can get resolution some time.

1. Turn on Show hidden system files:
Navigate to Apps, and then tap My Files. You may need to open the Samsung folder to find My Files. Tap More options (the three vertical dots), and then tap Settings.

Tap the switch next to Show hidden system files, and then tap Back to return to the file list. Hidden files will now appear.

2. Check the Trash in My Files and Gallery:
My Files: Menu>my files>more options (the three vertical dots)>recycle-bin. Navigate to and touch and hold the missing file. Then, tap restore.

0 Likes