Original topic:

S24 Ultra camera doesn't have 10x optical zoom

(Topic created: 04-03-2024 05:34 PM)
Trisarahtops321
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S24
I'm still using my s22 ultra, but I was researching the features of the s24 Ultra, and I was very disappointed to find out it no longer has the 10x optical zoom on the camera. That's the number one thing I like about the Ultras. I just want Samsung to know I will not be buying an S24 Ultra or any other Galaxy phone from here on out, if you don't bring back the 10x optical. Or better yet make it zoom 15x or 20x optical. Let's not go backwards! 
I'd also like to say the photo processing on Samsung cameras is needing some improvement. It over sharpens people's faces and makes them look harsh and have wrinkles and black lines between their teeth. Some things don't need to be over sharpened. It makes some things look cartoonized with too much processing. It also doesn't seem to auto focus on people's faces. When I hand someone my camera to take a group photo, a lot of times faces are out of focus because they don't know they have to tap on the faces to focus.
If I edit a photo, please don't decrease the quality of the photo. It makes it unusable or unshareable sometimes, because the quality is so bad after editing. I want original quality after an edit. For example, if I use object eraser, the photo is very pixelated afterwards. 
6 Replies
Sun
Options
Galaxy S24
I would certainly suggest searching YouTube for videos that compare the s23 ultra to the s24 ultra 10x zoom capabilities. I believe you will be amazed at the amazing quality on the cropped 5x to make it 10x. Seeing is believing.
VerbumVeritum
Legendary Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy S24
I had an S22U as well, and I initially shared your concerns about the optical zoom capabilities on the S24U. In my experience using the phone though, the 50MP sensor for the 5x optical zoom in the S24U is far superior to the S22U's 10MP 10x optical zoom when cropped to 10x.
Robin621k
Neutron Star
Options
Galaxy S24
The reason for this is 3x to 10x was too great
Trisarahtops321
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S24
What do you mean by too great?
0 Likes
Robin621k
Neutron Star
Options
Galaxy S24
Too much distance between 3x and 10x.

3x to 5x is perfect.
0 Likes
rawshooter
Galaxy
Options
Galaxy S24

It might be physically impossible to put in more focal length with a big enough sensor. 10x was already small and not really that good. Now we got a usable 5x camera.

0 Likes