Original topic:

S24 issues

(Topic created: 3 weeks ago)
GGOD
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S24

Hi all. 

I have just purchased a second hand but brand new s24 upgrading from s21. A few issues. Scan qr is missing. I have looked at you tube and all the instructions I follow but my quick menu looks different to all the other s24's and no scan qr is to be seen. Also cannot sign into any Google account I get pass the 2 step verification to where it says add phone number were I can skip or press yes I'm fine but that's where it just stops. I have reset all setting a few times. It appears my s21 which I am still using is a lot better.

0 Likes
27 Replies
NickeyName
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S24
Scanning a QR code is now a feature of the camera. It automatically does it as you have the camera app open and a QR code within frame.

As for signing into google, it is somewhat mandatory to provide the phone number, and that is not because of Samsung's policies but Google's. Check your Google account's security settings and try again. If you are signed in on your S21 with the same account, then check the Google notification and allow the S24 to sign in or provide the OTP from your messages (requiring a phone number)
GGOD
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S24

Nothing happens when I just use the camera to scan the code and there is no toggle on button. I have also just noticed that I cannot wireless or wired connect the 2 phones together using smart switch. Also I do authourize the request on the s21.

NickeyName
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S24
Nothing like this?VideoCapture_20240527-103338_1000048132_1716823975.jpg
0 Likes
GGOD
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S24

Nope

0 Likes
Popsicle20
Red Giant
Options
Galaxy S24
The quick panel button is not the only way to scan a QR code. Here are two other ways to do it.

1. Open the Samsung camera app and just point it at the QR Code. You may need to toggle it on in the camera settings first.

2. Open the Samsung Internet browser's control panel and look for a button like the one I've circled in red. This panel is customizable, so your buttons may be in a different order than mine.1716816893167.jpg1716816893190.jpg
0 Likes
GGOD
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S24

The issue is there is no toggle on button

0 Likes
NickeyName
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S24
In the top left of camera app, there is a gear icon for settings. Do these settings show up?1716824078320.jpg
0 Likes
GGOD
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S24

The settings icon on the camera app is on the right

0 Likes
GGOD
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S24

20240527_164826.jpg