Original topic:

S24 ultra issues

(Topic created: 2 weeks ago)
Tonyweis
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S24
Hello, I am a user of a Galaxy S24 Ultra and I would like Samsung to please do something about face recognition. It fails a lot even with enough light... I have my face as an alternative appearance with low lighting to see if that helps at night but it doesn't work and when it does it takes a long time to unlock. Another thing is the battery life... performance has improved since the last update and with some adjustments, but I still feel that it could be better... literally when you disconnect the charger from 100% it goes to 99% in a matter of seconds and The more minutes that go by just watching social networks, it consumes very quickly with moderate use, there are days when I have to charge it 2 or 3 times. I hope you can solve this
2 Replies
Options
Galaxy S24
I also think Samsung's face unlock is not anywhere near the best in the industry but the S24 Ultra is vastly improved over my S23 Ultra. I have a tip for you to get the best results from the face unlock. I too, tried setting one of its images in perfect lighting then set the alternate in kind of low light to give it the best chance of unlocking day or night. However, this is the wrong way to do it. Take both the main picture and the secondary alternate in direct sunlight, also keep the phone lower and angled upwards towards your face instead of holding it directly in front of your face and at the same height as your face. Since that is a unrealistic angle that you will ever be holding your phone at, I would get as close to the position that you typically hold your phone when registering both faces. My face unlock can now 90% of the time unlock my phone in pitch black just using the little bit of screen light that illuminates my face. It's so much better than my S22 & S23 Ultras. Just remember that both the primary and alternate should be taken in optimal lighting and I find sunlight to be much more effective than artificial light from lamps also make sure there are no shadows casted on your face so face the sun and you will get much better results following this procedure.
ButtaBean_420
Black Hole
Options
Galaxy S24
I have no issues with either Face Unlock or Battery life and I am on my phone all day watching Netflix YouTube or whatever scrolling through Social Media you name it and my battery lasts basically all day
0 Likes