Original topic:

S24 ultra unlocked still no 6.1.1?

(Topic created: Monday)
2swift2touch
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S24
Been constantly checking for an update. I have tmobile but on a unlocked s24 ultra. Still no new update besides the software 6.1 it shows.. anyone else on the same boat?
39 Replies
billylikessoda
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S24
I usually get these updates, on the same days as the carriers, on unlocked s24 ultra Around 2_3 am central time USA. Unlocked is unlocked, the update comes from Samsung not who's sim card is in your phone. It's coming, middle of the night, šŸ’¤šŸ’¤šŸ’¤ smash that update button around 3 am.

Also, who buys a carrier locked phones, there are no deals anymore and you finance the device for 3 years...
0 Likes
usermzeJaY3BsM
Black Hole
Options
Galaxy S24

Your assertion here is wrong.

When you take the phone out of the box, it is pointed to the Samsung update servers, and if connected to Wi-Fi will download any updates from them.

The moment you insert a Sim, or install an e-Sim into the device, it will change the update server to point to that carrier's servers.  From that point on it will get the updates from the carrier, in the schedule they determine.  It now out of Samsungs hands.  This will NOT change when you remove or un-install the Sim or e-Sim.

0 Likes
Zahid252
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S24
Idk why samsung does this. Like why even buy a fully unlocked phone which seems to get the updates last, why can't they roll it out globally to every single device like Apple? It's definitely doable for samsung but for some reason, they dont
0 Likes
usermzeJaY3BsM
Black Hole
Options
Galaxy S24

Due to a contractual agreement with the carriers, Samsung is required to distribute their updates through the carriers.

Apple joined the party much later, and dictated that they will not participate in this.  Carriers caved so that they can have Apple devices on their networks, Google then followed suit with their Pixel line.

0 Likes
TheGuardianX
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S24
I just got the update now everyone. Check now.
2swift2touch
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S24
Sheeeet let me check
0 Likes
2swift2touch
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S24
Yessssss. I got it. It's downloading thanks guardian wootwooot. It's downloading
Members_Zfyb4m4
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S24

Unlocked S24 Ultra here with Verizon carrier. Got mine installed this morning 9/10, Eastern time 

0 Likes
sample_bot
Halo
Options
Galaxy S24
I got it yesterday but still says 6.1 and aug 1st security patch.
Its 3gb though.
2swift2touch
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S24
Yea same. It was like 2.8 gigs. And I don't kno what new camera feature is supposed to come up with this but I didn't notice anything. But yea I saw a youtube video and it said the s24 ultra devices will still say 6.1.
0 Likes