Original topic:

S24 ultra video quality sucks when uploaded or sent via messenger

(Topic created: 04-10-2024 11:14 PM)
NJ06
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S24
The colours are burnt out/ oversaturated once uploaded. Does anyone experiencing this? 
5 Replies
Rydah
Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy S24
Hey there.

I haven't experienced this myself but I've read from others that they turned off HDR10+ in the cameras settings and that the issue went away.

You can try turning HDR10+ by opening the Camera app>Press Settings>Advanced video options and then turn off HDR10+.

After that, try recording a sample video and testing it on your messaging app to see if that helps.

Best regards,
Rydah
Samsung Care Ambassador

If you've found my post to be helpful, please like the post. If my response resolved your issue, please press the "āœ“ Accept as Solution" button.
D26
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S24

My HDR10+ is not turned on but I'm experiencing this issue. Video quality becomes blurry when shared in whatsapp or uploaded to messenger.

psst
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S24

I have experienced this problem, too. Now I have turned off HDR10+ (in fact, I turned off HEVC completely and now I'm using H.264, just in case)

But, my question is - how can I repair the videos I created while the HDR10+ feature was on? Are they completely lost? Hope not...

0 Likes
psst
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S24

A follow-up to my own message. Some more info + a possible fix for broken videos. Hope this will be useful for others.

The videos made with the HDR10+ option turned on look perfect when viewed on my phone (S24 Ultra), but when I download them to my dekstop, they show a few faults which make them unusable:

• flickering
  • washed-out colours
  • or extremely over-saturated colours

All these faults happen randomly in a single video. It looks as if the HDR algorythm was chaotically fighting to adjust to the tricky lighting conditions. 

I experimented a bit and found a way to "fix" those videos:

1. I upload them to my vimeo account
  2. vimeo transcodes them
  3. I can then download the videos from vimeo (do not download the original, but the vimeo-transcoded copy)

Works for me, hope it will help somebody else.

Still, it is a workaround, I hope this issue gets fixed in a S24 software update.

sinbad128
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S24
Thank you for that reply. I have the same issue as you do. I just discovered it when I tried to video record my son's 8th grade graduation. When viewing the graduation on my s24 Ultra, it's perfect, BUT the instance I sent to other family members Via (messages) it was completely Blurry! The entire video was blurry, no matter who I sent it too. I'm very disappointed..
0 Likes