Original topic:

Samsung Internet Search Widget Microphone

(Topic created: 08-18-2024 12:27 PM)
MegaSunTossed
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S24

Hi -

I have Samsung Internet installed on an S24+, and want to be able to use voice search via the search widget. However, when I add it to my home screen, the mic icon doesn't show up. Further, it shows for about a second when I unlock after a restart and then disappears. I have the mic permission enabled, tried uninstalling/reinstalling updates, and resizing the widget to no avail. Any thoughts on what might be causing this? Thanks in advance!

0 Likes

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
MegaSunTossed
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S24

After being asked to check, it turns out the Speech Recognition and Synthesis from Google app was disabled. I must've incorrectly disabled it when removing some bloat after initially getting the phone. Interesting that it doesn't use the voice input from the Samsung Keyboard instead. Nevertheless, it's now working in the widget as expected. Thanks for taking the time, though!

View solution in context

0 Likes
4 Replies
usssera
Red Giant
Options
Galaxy S24
Is your home page Google
MegaSunTossed
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S24

I have it set to DuckDuckGo. The same issue occurs when I have it set to Google as the home page and search engine. The Google widget itself doesn't have this issue, which leads me to believe it's an issue with the Internet app widget itself.

0 Likes
usssera
Red Giant
Options
Galaxy S24
It could be because it didn't ask my permission and recorded me. Edge asked for my permission in the stack I created. In the Samsung internet app settings I have it turned to off and it asked my permission in the app but not the widget. I have voice input set to off as well. All of my apps are set by default to appear on top and the caveat was that it could interfere with other apps. No idea
0 Likes
Solution
MegaSunTossed
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S24

After being asked to check, it turns out the Speech Recognition and Synthesis from Google app was disabled. I must've incorrectly disabled it when removing some bloat after initially getting the phone. Interesting that it doesn't use the voice input from the Samsung Keyboard instead. Nevertheless, it's now working in the widget as expected. Thanks for taking the time, though!

0 Likes