Original topic:

Samsung Messages Not Installed on Brand New S24

(Topic created: 3 weeks ago)
User41
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S24

Hello. I just got a new S24 Galaxy last week and Samsung Messages is not installed on it. I've tried using search and it's not there...anywhere. My company recommends I use Verizon Message+ which I've started using, and it did pull all my messages over from Samsung Messages, although it took quite a while. My problem now is that I get no lock screen icon whenever I have a text message.  Any updates on when/if Samsung Messages is going to be available, or is it gone for good?

0 Likes
3 Replies
realaud
Neutron Star
Options
Galaxy S24

It's just called Messages now. All Samsung apps dropped "Samsung" from their titles. Search or look for Messages. It might also be in the pre-formed Samsung app folder in the app drawer. I understand that they are making Google Messages the default now and phasing out Messages. I see Samsung Messages is also still available in the Google Play store.  I have been using Google Messages since my very first smart phone and I, for one, cannot stand Samsung Messages.  But, to each his own.  There are also other messaging apps out there.

196768nam
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S24
How do you install java on the new twenty four samsung
0 Likes
196768nam
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S24
Lawrenceminelli10@gmail.com

You can get in touch with me that way, please. Thank you for your help