Original topic:

Samsung Messages Still Not Working

(Topic created: 2 weeks ago)
SiriiusLee
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S24
Hi,

I've tried the silly work arounds suggested and my samsung messages app still does not allow me to send messages. I can view them and the app stays open, thank God it's stopped force closing, but the app is absolutely useless and I prefer it over google messages. 

When will there be a TRUE fix and not a troubleshoot that does not resolve the issue? 

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
SamsungModerator1
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
Galaxy S24

Hello, 

I understand that this can be frustrating when your messaging app is not working properly. I know you stated that you did try the troubleshooting steps recommended (https://us.community.samsung.com/t5/Samsung-Apps-and-Services/Messages-app-crashing/m-p/2893915#U289...) but it did not resolve your issues. Please submit an error report by going to the Samsung Members app > Get help > Send feedback > Error reports. We recommend using Google Messaging app until the issue is resolved.

View solution in context

0 Likes
10 Replies
usuf
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S24
Hi
0 Likes
usuf
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S24
Ok
0 Likes
Options
Galaxy S24
Honestly just use Google messages it better in every way
SiriiusLee
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S24
They both have pros and cons. I just prefer samsung messages.
0 Likes
Options
Galaxy S24
Yeah, it's likely an issue with your cell provider, probably check on that
Robin621k
Neutron Star
Options
Galaxy S24
As soon as iPhone models will be compatible with Rich Communication Services (RCS), carriers will no longer require support for texting via SMS/MMS.

It would be beneficial to adopt Google Messages for all functions, ideally sooner rather than later.
SiriiusLee
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S24
To an extent I agree but I've heard that samsung messages will off the same service. I just like the ui of the default app
Robin621k
Neutron Star
Options
Galaxy S24
They will not provide the same features that can be accessed using Google Messages. It is up to your carrier to offer RCS integration in Samsung Messages, but they are unwilling to do so.

With each update, more and more elements from Samsung Messages are removed. Eventually, an update may completely remove it from your device. This is all a matter of Google's control over their platform and rules. They aim to create a unified application for billions of people that works globally.
neilth
Red Giant
Options
Galaxy S24
Google Messaging is the default app.