Original topic:

Samsung - Remove S24 Gallery app auto tune. Its terrible.

(Topic created: 03-04-2024 04:04 AM)
Bacuba12
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S24

Please Samsung do us all Galaxy s24 phone users a favor and remove the awful Gallery app auto photo tune. It overprocceses the photo and looks nothing like the image preview from when the photo was taken. My first iphone took better photos than this camera because of this feature. 

Provide us an option to turn it on or off. Please! It's so frustrating to see the image automatically change without my consent and with no way to remove it. Change this feature!!

5 Replies
Bacuba12
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S24

Sadly this does not solve the problem. When you open the photo in the samsung Gallery app (it does this by default), it automatically edits the photo permanently. You can't prevent it. There should be a setting to turn this off in the gallery app. It ruins all photos. 

Thanks for your response though. 

0 Likes
Bacuba12
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S24

No change. Right after you take a photo, if you click on it from the camera app and it opens gallery, you will see three circles moving in the thumbnail showing that it is editing. Then it changes it. I switched everything off. I truly think this is a bug maybe on s24 plus. Or if not, something they need to remove -- everyone is complaining. I have seen a lot of posts on this. I hope samsung fixes their camera. It's horrible right now. šŸ˜”

zhu_darts1120
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S24

Go to gallery settings and switch Super HDR off

0 Likes
Markgilbert
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S24

I have done both of the suggestions and still have the same issue, what else can I so?

0 Likes
dude7
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S24

What I found to be the best settings for s24 12mp photos to look almost exactly like they would without processing is to have intelligent optimization at minimum, scene optimizer off, high-efficiency photos off with picture format pro raw and in good lock's camera assistant app to have auto hdr on, picture softening medium to off, auto lens off, distortion correction on, quick tap shutter on prioritize focus over speed on, or using pro mode camera for 50mp. 12mp can just be taken in the normal camera app w those settings. It makes it look as natural as it can be until Samsung lets us turn all this processing off.

Credits to Reddit user: Defiant_Love2650

0 Likes