Original topic:

Samsung messages & other devices

(Topic created: yesterday)
PapaShex
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S24
With Google messages now being pushed as the default texting app what becomes of the "call and text on other devices" feature on Samsung devices. Being able to do both on tablet and phone is very important to me. 
If it breaks with Google messages I won't use it. 
6 Replies
yamialex
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S24
That is the default texting app but it doesn't mean that Samsung messages is going away I'm pretty sure you could just download Samsung messages from the Galaxy store or Google Play and use it
PapaShex
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S24
Samsung app is available for now but why would they leave it if it's deemed inferior and supplanted by another app. I was hoping to hear Samsung is promoting Google's app and Google is including the "other devices" function.
I agree the rcs features are nice, but not nice enough on their own (IMHO).
MFox
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S24
I'm still looking for a way to remove contacts from the Google messages list,they only appear in there. I have searched all the backup areas I can remember.. even removed older back ups. Yet here they sit.. banging head
0 Likes
Robin621k
Honored Contributor
Options
Galaxy S24
On your tablet and phone, go to settings, connected devices , call on other devices, turn on calling, and texting on both devices.

To get Google Messages on your tablet, if not already downloaded on your tablet, download Google Messages. Open Google Messages on your phone, tap on your profile top right corner, device pairing, tap on the QR code scanner, open the camera on your tablet, scan the QR code.

Done, all Messages that are on your phone will now be on your tablet.
0 Likes
LadyTsunade
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S24
You can go into your system settings and disable Google messages. You may get a notification here and there after UI updates for it, but just hit not now, and it should go away for a while. I have the S24 Ultra, and this has helped with mine.
0 Likes
cwinkler
Comet
Options
Galaxy S24

I switched to Google Messages and also have it set up to work on my laptop. Haven't had an issue with it, and actually like it better than Phone Link even though it's just for Messages.

CWinkler
Galaxy S24 Ultra, Active4
0 Likes