Original topic:

Samsung needs it's own OS for its devices. It's time

(Topic created: 6 hours ago)
driek
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S24
Samsung has been in the phone industry and have been giants in it to long to be dependent on Google. It's time for their own OS for all phones. Google is taking too much control in my opinion. How do yall feel?
16 Replies
TipsyTrex
Black Hole
Options
Galaxy S24
No, it's not. We've been through this before. Tizen failed. Windows phone failed. Android on windows failed. Jolla failed. FirefoxOS failed. WebOS failed. FireOS failed.
This market will not sustain a third member. Developers, even those working for zillion dollar corporations, will not support a third market, even if incentives exist and the added workload is minimal. Users will not migrate to an unknown OS without the apps they want. No one wants to build out an OS with modern features expected by the users when android is right there.

If samsung tried to force everyone onto a new OS without the apps people expect and demand, samsung would be out of the market in less than two generations.
driek
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S24
The problem is the fear of Google turning every phone that has android into Pixels pretty much. A line must be drawn at some point to where Samsung phones still have their identity and aren't just Google phones with Samsung name slapped on the back of them
0 Likes
JollyCello
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S24

@driek I have both an S24U and a Pixel 9ProXl, there is absolutely nothing similar about Samsung's android skin, One Ui and the Google Pixel's stock Material You. I do prefer Samsung One Ui over Google's Material You. The level of customization is leaps and bounds much better, especially if you use Goodlock modules. 

This is all about Samsung Messages becoming obsolete isn't it? 

0 Likes
DeltaBravo94
Comet
Options
Galaxy S24
Google does have control over Android. You do know they own Android, right? Who else should control it?
driek
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S24
Refer to my reply in one of the above post. I explain what i mean by control
0 Likes
Agron
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S24
It's called TIZEN and it's pretty good. Samsung just needs to support vendors that used the TIZEN as platform.
Tizen is a million times better than Android. It just lacks documentation for beginners and amateurs.
0 Likes
skibik
Halo
Options
Galaxy S24

It saves Samsung a huge amount of money to just pay for the rights to use Android then have to pay developers to create and maintain a new OS. In the end it's all about the Benjamin's!

0 Likes