Original topic:

Screen mura effect

(Topic created: 02-24-2024 05:13 AM)
Shakir1
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S24
Potential Display Issue in Samsung S24 Ultra 

I am writing to bring to your attention a potential issue with the display of the Samsung S24 Ultra smartphone. After conducting thorough comparisons with other phone screens, I have observed a unique color unevenness issue that is particularly noticeable with dark grays and gradient colors.

While this issue may not be immediately apparent during regular usage or video playback, it becomes evident when viewing gradient colors, such as those commonly found in Instagram stories. 

To further investigate this matter, I utilized the website "testmyscreen.com" to conduct a comprehensive display test. The results indicate that this issue may be either hardware or software-related, and it is crucial for Samsung to be aware of its existence.

Given the significant investment associated with these devices, it is essential that Samsung addresses this issue promptly and takes appropriate measures to rectify it. For reference, my S21 Ultra, which I still possess, does not exhibit this issue. you can use (TESTMYSCREEN.COM) TO CHECK YOUR DISPLAY

22 Replies
FrankGP07
Star
Options
Galaxy S24
Well said. I have posted the same thing and and Samsung has just deleted my post
Shakir1
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S24
More people need to check their screens and post it so they will listen cause these phones are expensive. I have 5 devices and the s24 ultra is the only one with this issues I don't think it's me alone.
GrainyPixels
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S24
It's not just you. None of my iPhones do this.
GrainyPixels
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S24
They've been deleting and hiding posts related to grain as well. That's only going to make us angrier and more vocal.
Shakir1
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S24
The mura and the banding issues are not really noticeable during everyday use so persons mite not even realize it's there. It's in dark colors especially gray and when the screen has a gradient from drak to light you'll see it so person the should use a screen test site to check their screens to see if it's widespread and let Samsung know cause we spent alot on these phones.
humour
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S24
EVERY single display panel manufactured until Feb at least has mura. Lots of people don't see it but its there. Keep submitting error reports, email CEO's office, return your phones. This is unacceptable for $1400 device.
FrankGP07
Star
Options
Galaxy S24
I'll be honest I'm getting a bad feeling that this S24 Ultra suffers from a Hardware issue. Like I really don't want to believe that, but the fact that no other phone has had this issue in their line up in past as bad as this one and all of a sudden we have a new type of screen. Something from the software to the hardware got overlooked and didn't get checked throughly but man I feel like this display screen just can't handle the software to display what was suppose to be best in class display experience which has not been the case. Like even my Instagram looks horrible like it's just can't process all that data into a clean image on the display
userTZgE4sLiJa
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S24

I have the same issue. The update did not fix the banding sadly. HDR is not as bright and the screen is not as sharp. I have compared them side by side(S23 Ultra & S24 Ultra) for countless hours. [img]https://i.imgur.com/jen0gRj.jpeg[/img]

0 Likes
TheIronChef
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S24

I see this exact same issue in my S24 Ultra, and I'll bet the majority (if not all) of owners would see this too if they bothered to check.

This is NOT the same issue as the "colors washed" topic that Samsung has marked as "Solved". In my opinion, this is a much bigger problem than that one.