Original topic:

Screen timeout issue.

(Topic created: 06-01-2024 06:37 PM)
GrandpaGumpy
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S24
I apologize if this has been discussed elsewhere, but I couldn't find it.

I just upgraded to a Galaxy S24 plus and, so far, I'm very pleased. I do have one issue that I can't find the answer to; I have my screen timeout set to 2 minutes but it always resets itself to 20 seconds. 
Google is of no use as their answer is to adjust the screen timeout in settings. That's the issue, the settings don't stay set. 

I do have the keep on while looking at the screen set to on but it only seems to work when it wants to.

user_ams007
Planetary Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy S24
If you open your phone settings, you should see the apps listed open that menu, and you should see a complete list of all of your applications, Then there are 3 lines on the right side select that and check show all system apps Then scroll down the list of your applications until you see the Device Health app, please scroll down the list and not use the search app box1717377796984.jpg1717377796989.jpg1717377796997.jpg
0 Likes
GrandpaGumpy
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S24
I attached a couple of screenshots, below. According to Google the app isn't compatible with my phone.1717378736958.jpg
0 Likes
user_ams007
Options
Galaxy S24
You need to access it from the settings menu apps, The screenshot is for Google Health
0 Likes
GrandpaGumpy
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S24
Device health services is a Google app . It's not compatible. It's not on my phone. It's not in my apps.

Someone at Samsung has to know how to fix this issue.
0 Likes
user_ams007
Options
Galaxy S24
The application you looked up is designed to run on Google pixels
0 Likes
user_ams007
Options
Galaxy S24
Please follow my steps to access the application
GrandpaGumpy
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S24
I'm not a first time Android user.
Not a first time Samsung user either.
I've always been able to access system apps on all my old phones.
Now, when I press on the 3 dots I get the following;
Permission Manager
Special access
Reset app preferences

I would attach a screenshot but this phone blocks them on the settings.
0 Likes
user_ams007
Options
Galaxy S24
The 3 lines instead of dots 1717380836558.jpg
0 Likes
user_ams007
Options
Galaxy S24
Please open your Settings menu on your phone, You should see the apps menu on the list below. Device care application, select the apps, then select the 3 lines on the right side, which will open options to show system apps. Please select that, then scroll down the application list, and you will see all of your phone apps ,Select the Device Health Services app and clear the cache from that application, I'm confused about what method you are using to find the application
GrandpaGumpy
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S24
I know that you're simply trying to help but it is not there. The S24+ doesn't have it.
0 Likes