Original topic:

Signal strength issues??

(Topic created: 01-28-2024 02:52 PM)
ChrisAllen
Comet
Options
Galaxy S24
So, since I got the s24 ultra from the s23 ultra my signal strength has been much worse. Can a software update fix this? I've never had this issue with my last 4 samsungs so this is new to me. Might have to send it back if there is no hope...
113 Replies
Dipsy30
Galaxy
Options
Galaxy S24
Software updates can and will fix the issue unless there's a design issue with the modem. This hasn't been a thing with Qualcomm.
ChrisAllen
Comet
Options
Galaxy S24
Well, I hope they fix it cause my reception is bad for the first time in years!
Dipsy30
Galaxy
Options
Galaxy S24
Every year and just about every phone manufacturer has similar issues until the software is refined with the new chip sets. Buying the latest isn't for the risk adverse. I remember buying the Note 7 only to discover like everyone else the battery was problematic.
ChrisAllen
Comet
Options
Galaxy S24
Well, I hope they get this fixed cause it's causing me issues at home not having service. I LOVE the phone but can't enjoy it much when people can't get ahold of me.
Dipsy30
Galaxy
Options
Galaxy S24
I feel for you, still waiting for mine thanks to UPS šŸ„“
ChrisAllen
Comet
Options
Galaxy S24
That sucks man but you'll get it. Thankfully, mine showed up on time, but it's been messed up before. Beautiful phone, though!! Almost everything works flawlessly
userbvBOQouNkW
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S24

For me S23U failed the basic phone test : can keep a clear uninterrupted call in the same-place where Iphone 14 plus/huawei mate 20 pro/iphone 8 plus performs great even if one signal bar is shown (using the same sim card)? The answer is no! S23u shows no network coverage and from time to time one signal bar. If i managed to call with S23U i had a lot of interruptions, robo voice, unclearā€¦not good. In comparison with Iphone 14 plus, which btw has a great reception, I measured display dbm units and for me it was really strange as the diff was 1-2 dbm, in the favour of Iphone. But difference in phone calls was huge, no network on S23U and clear calls on Iphone. For me as a user, this makes the difference, buy it or not. I use to go outdoors where I have marked points for making calls, even if one signal bar is displayed. It is crucial for me to have a phone able to sustain a call in that place. For a city guy,where you have many cell towers around, this test it may be not relevant. But when you go outside and fully rely on a tower placed on a hill far away, a phone with good reception makes you happy. If my assumption regarding titanium case is true, based on Iphone 15 pro max bad signal threads, then S24U will perform weaker than S23U on cellular reception/coverage. I'm looking forward to upcoming tests, focused more on cellular and network coverage. I'm quite sure that S24 is outstanding on mobile data tests, same feeling I had with S23U, SnapdragonĀ® X70 Modem performed great during my 2 weeks of testing. But S23U basic phone features on low signal areas disappointed me and it seems this issue was not solved on S24U. If is titanium case's fault or not (my personal opinion based on Iphone 15 Pro Max bad signal threads), or maybe a simply bad antenna design or an outdated modem driver, I don't know...But if  signal issue will be solved, I would buy it immediately.

cwinkler
Comet
Options
Galaxy S24

It always bugged me that the phone reviews never seemed to discuss how the phone actually worked as a phone. My initial smartphone was the MotoX, because Motorola back then was said to have the best antennas and I was living in a relatively rural part of NC. Switched to an S7 for my next phone, and did have more issues with signal strength, but so did my boss with a different Motorola phone. I'm not in such a remote area now, and usually have no issues with cell service while at home (only sometimes on the road). Hoping I see the same on the S24U that I have with my S10+. Thanks for the heads up, will keep an eye on that as well. BTW, with US Cellular if that makes any difference.

CWinkler
Galaxy S24 Ultra, Active4
0 Likes
ChrisAllen
Comet
Options
Galaxy S24
I'm using StraightTalk which if probably the best pay as you go in my area. I NEVER have issues with service, never. This is the first time which is making me upset šŸ˜” hopefully they can fix it or atleast make it better with some updates cause idk if I can keep using this.
0 Likes