Original topic:

Signal strength issues??

(Topic created: 01-28-2024 02:52 PM)
ChrisAllen
Comet
Options
Galaxy S24
So, since I got the s24 ultra from the s23 ultra my signal strength has been much worse. Can a software update fix this? I've never had this issue with my last 4 samsungs so this is new to me. Might have to send it back if there is no hope...
113 Replies
mquin2112
Halo
Options
Galaxy S24
Just make sure you don't go past the return period. Otherwise you're stuck.
0 Likes
lestatab
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S24

I think it is a software problem, as my s22u started to fail the signal when upgrading to android 13 and android 14, here I told all my experience, it's still not completely solved, but I can work better now

https://xdaforums.com/t/solved-poor-weak-signal-after-update.4651455/

0 Likes
userwvmdohyM2z
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S24
I have an unlocked S24 ultra on Verizon. I can get 4g LTE and 5g UWB but not the nationwide 5g. I've talked to Verizon and Samsung but neither have been able to fix it. I was using my old sim and just switched to eSim and that didn't do the trick either. 

Is anyone else having this issue? Anyone find a fix?
Options
Galaxy S24
This is why I stopped buying UNLOCKED phones. MUST buy the version for the carrier when checking out your purchases. For some reason unlocked phones have issues connecting to the carrier's network frequently. Return your phone and grab the Verizon S24 ultra.
0 Likes
Summest
Comet
Options
Galaxy S24

I have switched carriers and inserted a travel SIM from Estonia.  No issues whatsoever.  Buying unlocked is the way to go.  Less bloat.

Summest
S24 and S21.
0 Likes
posted88
Halo
Options
Galaxy S24
That's absolutely wrong because they're capable of every single connectivity out there
Richforever
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S24
Lol, getting a locked phone is a bad investment! šŸ‘ŽšŸ¾ Stay free! Try another carrier.
userwvmdohyM2z
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S24
I work out of town a lot. The Verizon service is better where I go. The others are catching up so maybe that's a possibility. I'd rather just find a way to make this work. Also, who knows if it's the phone or the carrier.
0 Likes
realaud
Neutron Star
Options
Galaxy S24
5G is not available everywhere. FWIW, though, I have T-Mobile and have gotten 5G almost everywhere I've been...even in Europe. I just dont see a very bug difference between 4G and 5G.
userwvmdohyM2z
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S24
I am in a 5g area. Never had a problem with the last phone.