Original topic:

Signal strength issues??

(Topic created: 01-28-2024 02:52 PM)
ChrisAllen
Comet
Options
Galaxy S24
So, since I got the s24 ultra from the s23 ultra my signal strength has been much worse. Can a software update fix this? I've never had this issue with my last 4 samsungs so this is new to me. Might have to send it back if there is no hope...
113 Replies
btmmm1
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S24

Same issue here, my S24 Ultra, resetting the signal and disconnecting more than 10 times in one day, even while I'm on a call, I hope samsung fix this issue quickly, this is more important than the vivid colors, I'm really upset and sad.

0 Likes
dwboston
Halo
Options
Galaxy S24

I have no issue with 5G (or 4G LTE) reception on the S24U.  I've seen some blazing fast speed tests on 5G in areas with strong 5G signal (one this morning was 650 down/100 up) and the phone has usable signal in a couple of spots where my Pixel 7 Pro was useless.

0 Likes
ChrisAllen
Comet
Options
Galaxy S24
I'm hoping after a software update mine will get better. It's not unusable but not as good as I had with my s22&23 ultra.
dwboston
Halo
Options
Galaxy S24

I hear you.  I'm just comparing to the Pixel 7 Pro, which had a really lousy cellular modem.  So far the S24U is significantly better than the P7P.   

0 Likes
mquin2112
Halo
Options
Galaxy S24
So I just activated my S24 Ultra with esim and so far I'm disappointed. I'm only on 4g lte and it's noticeably slow. Hotpot won't work among other problems. I checked apn settings and everything matches what the carrier says they should be. Tried #*#*4636#*#* but that's no longer working for me to make sure the phone is set to prefer 5g. Any tips out there. I'm ready to return this brick and stick my my S22 Ultra 
Binx75075
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S24
The issue with your phone not being able to connect to 5G, that might be because the area that you're in, the service provider might not offer 5g.
- Jason -
0 Likes
mquin2112
Halo
Options
Galaxy S24
No. I'm in a 5g area. Worked perfectly fine with my S22 Ultra. The S24 Ultra, not good at all
Binx75075
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S24
I would just take the phone to your service providers store and ask them to look at your settings and see why it's not connecting to 5g.
- Jason -
mquin2112
Halo
Options
Galaxy S24
That would be fine if they knew what they were doing. Lol. Thanks
0 Likes
user1Ww1T9yiDn
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S24
I hear ya!!! Went to vzw corporate store and they were no help at all with this 5g connection issue! VERY FRUSTRATING!!
0 Likes