Original topic:

So the Galaxy S24 has 2 PWM modes: 240hz and 480hz, depending on the brightness?

(Topic created: 09-15-2024 08:49 AM)
s7ok
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S24

For some dumb reason Samsung decided to not fully upgrade the screen to a proper 480hz rate like they have done with the S24 Ultra. So now you have this weird "dynamic" mode where after a certain brightness (not sure exactly when?) the screen goes at 480hz. You can see it here:

youtube com/watch?v=P1-RqGivFdw&t=7m35s

And here's the test with the Ultra:

youtube com/watch?v=_oQ9DN00GB0 

Someone mentioned to crank up the brightness to 100% so it always runs at 480hz and use a dimming app as a hack, but this probably could damage the screen long term.

Im considering waiting for the S25 just in case they fixed this already but they probably haven't done anything about this yet. EU regulation is supposedly pushing developers to protect our eyes with better PWM rates but this dodgy **bleep** 2 system mode to cut in costs is just lame. Having to crank up your brightness to get the updated PWM rate gives eye strain by itself because a lot of people do not like to stare to a bright screen indoors. I don't need more than 20% in most settings except in the sun.

So what are you supposed to do with this? I don't want to buy a phone bigger than the S24 in order to enjoy good PWM rates. Do I really need to buy a **bleep** iPhone for this?

Samsung Galaxy S24 Plus (on the left) vs Samsung Galaxy S23 Plus (on the right) PWM comparison. Shot at 480fps. Brightness is around 40% on both. Great improvement!
Galaxy S24, Š¼Š»Š°Š“шŠ°Ń Š¼Š¾Š“ŠµŠ»ŃŒ Š»ŠøŠ½ŠµŠ¹ŠŗŠø S 2024 Š³Š¾Š“Š°. Š•ŃŃ‚ŃŒ ŠµŃ‰Ń‘ S24+ Šø Š»ŠµŠ³ŠµŠ½Š“Š°Ń€Š½Ń‹Š¹ S24 Ultra, Š¾Š±Š·Š¾Ń€ Š½Š° ŠŗŠ¾Ń‚Š¾Ń€Ń‹Š¹ уŠ¶Šµ ŠµŃŃ‚ŃŒ Š½Š° ŠŗŠ°Š½Š°Š»Šµ. ŠšŠ°ŠŗŠ¾Š¹ Š»ŃƒŃ‡ŃˆŠµ Š²Š·ŃŃ‚ŃŒ? ŠŸŠ¾Š¹Š¼Ń‘Ń‚Šµ Š²Š¾ Š²Ń€ŠµŠ¼Ń ŠæрŠ¾ŃŠ¼Š¾Ń‚Ń€Š°! Š¢Š°Š¹Š¼-ŠŗŠ¾Š“ы Š“Š»Ń Š½Š°Ń€Š¾Š“Š°: 00:00 ŠšŠ¾Ń€Š¾Ń‚ŠŗŠ¾ Š¾ Š³Š»Š°Š²Š½Š¾Š¼, хŠ°Ń€Š°ŠŗтŠµŃ€ŠøстŠøŠŗŠø сŠ¼Š°Ń€Ń‚Ń„Š¾Š½Š° 02:20 Š Š°ŃŠæŠ°ŠŗŠ¾Š²ŠŗŠ° Šø ŠŗŠ¾Š¼ŠæŠ»ŠµŠŗтŠ°Ń†Šøя #samsung 03:59 ŠžŃŠ¼Š¾Ń‚Ń€ ...
0 Likes
0 Replies