Original topic:

Stereo incorrect while playing games

(Topic created: Wednesday)
Dijaiku
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S24
I recently switched from an iPhone 11 to a Samsung S24+, and I noticed that while playing games, the audio does not follow the current orientation of the phone if the volume and power buttons is on the bottom (it works fine when they're on the top)

For example, in a game I may see something on my LEFT, but I hear it coming from the RIGHT speaker. If I see something on the RIGHT, I hear it on the LEFT

This ONLY happens while playing video games. While watching videos, the audio properly follows the current orientation of the phone.
So if I see something on the right, I hear it on the right speaker, and vice versa

My phone is up to date.

Is this just a software issue? Is there any fix to this? 
11 Replies
Dijaiku
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S24
No, I noticed the audio quality with Dolby Atmos wasn't as good as I hoped, so I turned it

It is a directional audio issue. It's pretty frustrating since I just got this brand new phone last Tuesday, and I expected no issues.

If there are no solutions, I'll just have to turn on Mono audio. That way, I don't get confused where sounds are coming from (especially in video games where sound can help greatly with reaction)
0 Likes
KBSDETOUR
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S24
Maybe turning on mono audio then switching back might work...? Other than that theyā€™re no solutions available online (as far as I know). Have a good rest of your night bud.
0 Likes