Original topic:

Stock S24 Ultra Geekbench

(Topic created: 04-10-2024 12:51 PM)
Options
Galaxy S24
My phone is completely unmodified in any way shape or form software wise The only enhancement I made via software was turning on the enhanced CPU responsiveness in global settings via ADB. That's literally the only change I've made. I stay on top of RAM management, I have RAM Plus completely disabled as well as ZRAM is also completely disabled. A phone with 12 GB of RAM does not need any sort of swap as it just degrades your internal memory and it is such an inferior slow process compared to actual RAM that I don't think anyone needs it honestly but I'll leave that decision up to you guys. I keep my memory management profile on quick switching app mode and I'm able to easily keep 15 or so apps in memory at all times so I couldn't imagine why anyone would need RAM Plus or ZRAM. Your phone will get a significant speed boost by not using it as well. 
I did the math and my S24 Ultra is 2.994 x faster then my S23 Ultra. Also my S23 Ultra was faster than the typical S23 Ultra on geekbench as well I guess I've just been getting blessed with great CPU binning. Now here's the kicker, this was my highest performing test so far and it figures it's the first time I had my case on which is a Ringke MagSafe compatible onyx case with the ESR halo lock wallet attached to the back which is a pretty thick real leather wallet that also acts as a stand for your phone in portrait and landscape mode. What I'm trying to say is my phone had a ton of thermal barriers holding the heat in yet it just smacked the typical S24 Ultra by a minimum of 2,000 points on the GPU scale running the Vulcan test. I do have very thin 0.5 mm thermal pads that are sticky on one side that I always put in between the phone and case when first installing, it's just a habit at this point and it really made a huge difference on the aramid fiber cases you could actually feel how much heat was being transferred to the outside of the case but on this much more protective onyx case that I love by the way and anyone looking for an amazing slim but military grade protection case with the strongest magsafe you've ever seen in your life, give it a glance on Amazon, I got mine for 19 bucks and the wallet was 30. Everybody was telling me that I was so stupid for having a fully owned Samsung unlocked S23 Ultra and upgrading to the S24 Ultra because it was supposed to be just an incremental update. Being literally three times as fast, is the biggest leap in Samsung performance that we've seen since like the Snapdragon 8+ Gen 1 from the Snapdragon 865. This phone is on par if not faster than my surface Pro 5. It most definitely spanks it in the GPU department and it routinely crushes the iPhone 15 Pro Max in multi-thread CPU processing and it's a toss-up whether I get a higher score in single core or slightly lose by a bit. Samsung made an absolute masterpiece with this phone and I couldn't be happier that I didn't listen to the people telling me it wasn't worth the upgrade from the S23 Ultra. I was able to recover $700 from that phone selling it privately and with the promotions and deals I got on the 24 Ultra, I got a phone that's three times faster with more RAM and twice the internal storage for around $250. Then there's all the AI capability but the S23 Ultra has 99% of the 24's AI capability it just can't process on device AI since it doesn't have the dedicated AI core.

As you can see, S24 Ultra, especially mine is in a league completely of its own nothing even comes close minus the iPhone 15 Pro Max.
22 Replies
LordVako
Nebula
Options
Galaxy S24
You are brave I give you that. Running a benchmark on a mobile phone 😂👍🤷
Options
Galaxy S24
Yeah bro android synthetic benchmarking has been around since galaxy Note 8, S8+. At least, that when I first used it lol but this is the first time in history that us Sammy fans have beaten Apple in any way, shape or form. With the S23U, we weren't even close to the A16 bionic or it's GPU. One year later Samsung says hold my beer " and makes a phone that smashed thee the A17 in GPU performance and is marginally faster in multi core processing. The performance by far most powerful phone we've ever seen
0 Likes
LordVako
Nebula
Options
Galaxy S24
Storming in my league tooScreenshot_20240413-002939_1000017105_1712982581.png
0 Likes
Options
Galaxy S24
What do you mean bro? I'm almost double that? Or am I misunderstanding?
0 Likes
LordVako
Nebula
Options
Galaxy S24
You are on Arm I'm on snapdragon S24 vs S23 plus I have 0, absolutely 0 modifications. This is as barebones as you can go 🤷
0 Likes
Options
Galaxy S24
Did you read the post? I'm on Snapdragon as well. I'm just confused what you're talking about saying I'm entering your territory, I've got nearly 2x literally. Also I stated my phone was completely stock as well. So just a bit confused, that's all
0 Likes
Options
Galaxy S24
@LordVako Sorry, you said storming your league, but still confused lol
0 Likes
LordVako
Nebula
Options
Galaxy S24
Uh? You sure you are on SD? Evidence shows otherwise Screenshot_20240413-004152_cropped_1000017111_1712983320.pngScreenshot_20240413-004206_cropped_1000017112_1712983334.png
0 Likes
Options
Galaxy S24
Bro I'm a dev. I am extremely familiar with SoC's. I know what phone I paid almost 1500 for lol it's a Snapdragon 8 Gen 3 AC (for Galaxy)
0 Likes