JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Swipe Gestures Hiding Nav Bar is back!

(Topic created: 02-02-2024 09:36 AM)
Robin621k
Neutron Star
Options
Galaxy S24

They heard you, Samsung has brought back the ability to hide your Navigation Bar and Swipe Gestures.

You will have to download Goodlock and specially NavStar once installed toggled on NavStar, Enable extra gesture settings.

Go to settings. Display, navigation, show more, have fun again. 

Ps. If you already have both apps and you are not seeing those options, Open Goodlick again scroll to NavStar, tap on the more, go to store, there will be an update waiting. For some reason it isn't showing up in updates

392 Replies
Ibuddy66
Galaxy
Options
Galaxy S24
Very strange. Hmm I'm not too sure in this case. I know someone recommended installing an app to help with it, but it shouldn't require adding an application to fix this. Very strange. Can you send a screenshot of it?
- Ibuddy66
0 Likes
usermzeJaY3BsM
Black Hole
Options
Galaxy S24

The app in question is a Samsung designed UI tweaker.  It has been in use to enable hidden options on several different Samsung Galaxy devices in the past.

I agree that an app should not be needed, but it is enabling a hidden option that was removed (possibly at the direction of Google in conjunction with the Circle Search feature) for OneUI 6.1

0 Likes
raffiboy
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S24
Got the same problem as well.
usermzeJaY3BsM
Black Hole
Options
Galaxy S24

The bar is a combination of the circle search and Swipe navigation hints.  It sadly requires the installation of Good Lock, and it's addon of Nav Star to remove.  There is a post about it here:

Swipe Gestures Hiding Nav Bar is back! - Samsung Community - 2793210

This works beautifully, assuming you get the 6.1.05.33 or above version of NavStar, which you may need to find externally if the Galaxy store only gives the 6.00.x version.

DizzDizzDizz
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S24

I could live with the new navigation, but I keep accidentally swiping "back" from all edges of the screen. Even when swiping away notifications from the pull down. Then I reflexively swipe the opposite direction from the opposite side and go back instead of forward.

I gave it a few weeks and then came crawling back for solutions. Looks like this navstar thing works pretty well!

Options
Galaxy S24

Quote: "I gave it a few weeks and then came crawling back for solutions. Looks like this navstar thing works pretty well!"

Yes it does !!! 

The-Hoff
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S24

The latest version of Navstar 6-1-05-40 has broken this new feature by removing 'Enable extra gesture settings.' I had to download the apk of the previous version to fix it.

0 Likes
Robin621k
Neutron Star
Options
Galaxy S24
No it hasn't, at least on my version of 6.1.05.40.

When you toggle on buttons, more options.
This is what you get in NavStar1709943942962.jpg
0 Likes
J_star
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S24
Yeah, I had to do the same thing
0 Likes
Options
Galaxy S24

Just updated to 6.1.05.40

It reverted back to buttons.