Original topic:

Text box glitching with long texts

(Topic created: 03-27-2024 11:28 AM)
Samsung_a9DbYOW
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S24

I upgraded to the Samsung S24+ and all is well, except for an issue I am having when texting.

Whenever I write a long text in the messaging app and try to move my cursor somewhere within the text body (to add text or make edits), the writing in frame for the text box will randomly jump. By "jump" I mean that it seems like the text is trying to scroll back to the bottom of the text box/writing to put that section in frame but then quickly resets to show the area where the typing is actually being done, making the glitch look like the writing is "jumping".

If I had to estimate how often this happens, I would say it occurs 70% of the time when I am writing long texts. Is this a fixable glitch? 

4 Replies
Zyidfer
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S24
My Z fold 5 does the same thing definitely would love a fix for it as well
0 Likes
SilverKing925
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S24
Same with my S24+. Mine also repeats talk to text messages.
0 Likes
Options
Galaxy S24

Are you using Samsung keyboard or Gboard?

If the former, try disabling predictive text and see if that resolves the jumpiness. My S24+ did the same thing for a few weeks when I started using it as I recall. Disabled predictive text for a while and when I re-enabled a few weeks later, all was well.

0 Likes
lhewett
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S24

The problem I have with the texts is when I type in a message and send it, it stays in the unsent portion as well and I have to delete it out to type a new message. I thought maybe it had something to do with the RCS messages so I turned that off for a bit but it didn't make a difference. I did clear out my Cache and Data to see if this helps. So far it hasn't. Anyone have this issue or a fix???

0 Likes