Original topic:

The new S24 ultra

(Topic created: 01-17-2024 08:09 PM)
GaryB82
Epic Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy S24
The Galaxy S24 series has arrived, sporting a familiar yet subtly tweaked design now with its almost flat display. Samsung has opted for refinement over radical change, and the results are… well, mixed.

The biggest design change comes to the Ultra model, which finally ditches the curved edges for a flat display. This is a long-awaited move by many users who prefer the grip and S Pen compatibility of flat screens.

If you've found my post to be helpful, Please like my Comments ✓✓✓.
If my response resolved your issue, please press the Like and ✓✓✓ to Accept as Solution button.

471 Replies
user1xGiNSQpcz
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S24
Trade in z fold4 doesn't work
geradeaus
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S24

Dear Samsung Community,

I'm sorry in advance for the rant. I just want Samsung to hear this feedback.

I have a Samsung S10e and I was very much looking forward to upgrading to S24. It's ticking all the boxes for me, except one - PWM. It's pretty horrible on S23 series and since S24 was getting an upgraded display I was hoping this issue would be addressed, but it's the same 240Hz.

I'm hoping that the next generations will catch up with the other Android brands here, because otherwise I really like the Samsung phones.

csadev
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S24

I used the S10e for a good 4 years without any issues, I simply loved that phone, but the battery barely lasted half a day towards the end, so I 'upgraded' to the S23, which gave me an eye strain after 20 mins of use. I am pretty sure it is caused by the combination of low PWM refresh rate and ultra optimisation of the Amoled screen, because my Motorola Edge 30 Fusion works fine for me. It looks like the S24 uses the same fairly mediocre PWM refresh rate of 240 similar to the S23 series, so it'll be another hard pass for me too.

0 Likes
Robin621k
Neutron Star
Options
Galaxy S24
Actually, the biggest upgrade went to the S24+, it got a QHD+ display from an FHD+ .
Lorraine74
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S24
This has changed me completely as I feel the S24 is very expensive as it is o have to save for a year just to buy it.
I feel its very unfair of Samsung.
0 Likes
KuroSan
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S24
Hi folks, I'm not sure if I should upgrade to S24 Ultra, I had note 20 ultra 5G with 512GB since it's released date. And still working fine.
1st I'm not sure because this past few years samsung not giving u an option to add additional storage. But this year the S24 Ultra seems a lot with AI thing, I need second opinion 🤔 what do u guys think? Should I upgrade or not?
userdsYJFZRPHj
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S24

Uhh I have the same problem right now, the s24 seems berry nice with that new software update and the features, but my note 20 ultra still rocking and looking good, so in undecided if it's worth it or not for the price?

0 Likes
Options
Galaxy S24
If you want or need more software updates and AI upgrade if you're not into that stuff keep your note 20 ultra that is still a good phone in my opinion.
Options
Galaxy S24
If you decide to get the 24U try get it before jan 31 so you can get a storage upgrade you would pay the price of the 256 device but you will get a 512