Original topic:

URL search results issues on websites.

(Topic created: 5 hours ago)
PEANUT581
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S24
For two days now no matter what browser I use, my search results have this io domain in the url. Results are coming from the UK and other countries and have nothing to do with my search inputs. I don't know if I inadvertently did something to get this, and now I can't get into websites. I cannot find any answers on how to remove the domain. I am in the U.S. and I am very uncomfortable with this situation. Is it DNS, VPN, location? I have a S24 ultra. Please help. 
0 Likes
4 Replies
Red Giant
Options
Galaxy S24
Screenshot of the URL please.
0 Likes
PEANUT581
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S24
Screenshot of the io url.1725631609900_1725631609889_0.jpg
0 Likes
realaud
Honored Contributor
Options
Galaxy S24

I don't see anything in those URLs point to the U.K. or any other country. Usually when that happens it's because you are searching from either a location in that country, or using a VPN with an IP address in that country.  That's why when I travel, if I want my search results to be U.S. based, I set my VPN to be in a U.S. locale.  Since you are using "in private" mode, I assume that the search engine cannot determine your location, or you are using a VPN or both.  Private mode in a browser hides your location and other identifying information so, presumably, you can't be tracked easily.

it is also possible that the .io suffix is related to the in-private mode.

0 Likes
realaud
Honored Contributor
Options
Galaxy S24

realaud_0-1725635421606.png

0 Likes