Original topic:

Using Samsung with MacBook in 2024

(Topic created: 01-31-2024 02:33 AM)
talba
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S24

Hey guys

I’m currently using an iPhone 12 and have just got a new M3 MacBook Pro. However, I’m unimpressed with iPhones right now and am convinced that the Galaxy S24 Ultra is the best phone. However, I am worried that it won’t work so nicely with my Mac.

My question is, what are the functionalities I will lose out on by using a Samsung with my Mac (I will not be switching away from Mac) and is it worth it to buy the Ultra, or should I just get another iPhone?

Thanks!!!

0 Likes
4 Replies
LongHiker
Legendary Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy S24

@talba I have been a Mac person since the beginning of Macs but have never owned an iPhone. Since I have never used an iPhone with my Mac, can you describe what items you use and don't want to lose? 

0 Likes
cornerrunner
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S24

I'm on the same boat as you. Planning on getting a S24 but worried if compatibility with my mac may be an issue. Hope someone can provide more comment. 

0 Likes
GanjaGold
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S24
Recently nabbed a 16" MacBook Pro Max M3 as well as the S24 Ultra, I have never really used an apple product other than air pods gifted to me. But, needing a computer for business and productivity, I went all in and bought the Macbook. I can say that other than perhaps messaging and airdrop, I don't really have an issue. Then again, I'm not heavily invested in the apple ecosystem. Although beginning to consider it.

If I need my Google photo, I can nab them from my Gmail and save them to the Mac, and then they're automatically stored on my cloud. I mean, yea, it's an extra step if you're in the "apple ecosystem." However, I'm very google oriented, and this works for me.

Personally, I'm not a fan of the Chromebook series; producing music as well as day trading, my work flow demands much from a processor; the M3 chip has surpassed anything that I tested in terms of compatibility for my particular need.

Essentially, I use my Macbook as just that, a tool or plain ole computer. If you're heavily invested in the apple ecosystem and need access to apps that are seemlessly syncedfrom device to device, then you may as well stay there. The S24 Ultra is an amazing device. However, all I know is Samsung in terms of phones. Subsequently, it's a personal matter of tug and pull in sacrifice of a superior device that has hacks to keeping up with your apple, but not as convenient as an apple🤷🏾:male_sign:
0 Likes
KNG
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S24

Been thinking about this too especially I'm using s22 ultra and wanting to upgrade to s24 ultra. Recently bought a macbook pro 14 inch M3 pro (late 2023).

Works fine so far. OneDrive app in Macbook and S22 Ultra works well so no issues with accessing cloud files. Vice versa, apple music works well all along on my S22 Ultra which obviously is a breeze in the Macbook pro. 

Other than getting used to keyboard and trackpad shortcut commands (which is not tough for me since I've use a macbook 2004 before), the only issue I have is Notability app because I use that for my Ipad mini to take notes, syncs very well with icloud on the macbook but poor on the s22 ultra w onedrive sync read only on pdf mode. 

Stick to what you feel comfortable, both Macbook pro and s24 ultra are powerful devices and as long as you do not have major issues, go for it! 

0 Likes