Original topic:

Video missing audio

(Topic created: 5 hours ago)
unknown1126
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S24
Hi,

I was at a concert today and I recorded many videos but unfortunately none of them seem to have recorded audio. Is there anyway I can get the audio back? 

To add more details: Somehow all day today I wasn't able to use any audio on my phone and I don't know what triggered the bug, but I caught this too late. Even on Bluetooth devices like car or watch there was no audio playing. I restarted my phone and now the new video has audio. 

I am so mad this happened and pretty desperate to see if there is any troubleshooting I can do to retrieve/fix the audio. 
0 Likes
2 Replies
ChaosSaber
Honored Contributor
Options
Galaxy S24
Have you tried the videos on a different device?
0 Likes
realaud
Honored Contributor
Options
Galaxy S24

Silly question, but are you sure there's no audio?  I was totally unaware that my videos had audio until I accidentally noticed the little speaker icon at the bottom of one of them.  When you play a video in the Gallery app, the video is off by default (this irritates many people), so you have to click the icon (just like on social media) to turn to sound on. Alternatively, you can choose to open the video in the video in the video player by selecting your video and tapping the 3 dots on the upper right and choosing open in video player.  There does not seem to be an independent app for video player (who's dumb idea was that?) - it seems it can only be reached from within the Gallery app.

Screenshot_20240913_075755_Gallery.jpg

Or you can open the video in Google Photos and the audio starts playing with the video.

0 Likes