Original topic:

Want assistant as an option to bind with the home button

(Topic created: Wednesday)
Antho3
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S24
I want assistant as an option to bind with the home button. Circle to search requires more than one tap to trigger a voice prompt. Resulting in time wasted in every interaction and deters me from using google. Saying hey google every time is not always suitable. It does not make sense to completely remove the option. Sounds like Samsung made an agreement with google or something. Please add it back as an option.
7 Replies
meself
Sun
Options
Galaxy S24
I believe what you mention the circle to search was a android feature
0 Likes
Antho3
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S24
Maybe, maybe not. I don't care about the source. Users have the option in settings to turn circle search on/off and turn assistant on with gestures from the corners. It wouldn't take much effort for a developer to add an option to bind assistant to the home key.
0 Likes
meself
Sun
Options
Galaxy S24
I get what you're saying but if it's a android feature it would need to goto Google feedback
Robin621k
Honored Contributor
Options
Galaxy S24
How hard is it to swipe from the corner?

How hard is it to put the Assistant icon on your home screen or dock?

1721946878413.jpg1721946878415.jpg
0 Likes
Antho3
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S24
All I am hearing is folks being defensive, pointing fingers, and trying to rationalize why it's not needed. That is not being open to feedback. I appreciate the one person who suggested a close work around. I'll be looking into that. Everybody has their own key features that they prefer to use, and folks should be open to that. I am just seeking the traditional option that has been on the phone series for years and years. They can do it if they want to. The point is muscle memory and not having to think about swiping from a direction or taking additional steps to initiate a voice prompt. Just press and hold on home. It saves a bit of time, is more consistent than the other options, and will work when you don't want to say hey google out loud. Also, search the topic on the internet. Others want the feature to return. Btw, that was a change to promote the AI capabilities at the cost of long-standing features.
0 Likes
Popsicle20
Red Giant
Options
Galaxy S24
If you get Good Lock from the Galaxy Store and install the RegiStar plug-in, you can assign the Google Assistant to either a long press on the side button, a double tap on the back of the phone, or a triple tap on the back of the phone. 1721918467608.jpg1721918553846.jpg1721918604294.jpg1721918670270.jpg
Robin621k
Honored Contributor
Options
Galaxy S24
There are many ways to activate Google Assistant. You can swipe up from either corner diagonally. You can put the Assistant icon on your home screen. You can use voice to activate.

None of these options take more time than the others.