Original topic:

What is "enhanced comfort"?

(Topic created: yesterday)
DorrajS
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S24
I recently "upgraded" from an S22 Ultra to a S24 Ultra (it's the same dang phone) and out of the extremely few differences, I noticed there is now a "Enhanced Comfort" setting in the eye comfort shield settings.

Googling around for this has gotten me ZERO info about what this setting is actually for, just tons of posts about how it's an awful setting and everyone saying to turn it off ASAP. 

The "explanation" text says "Adjust color tones and contrast for more comfortable viewing at night". However when I turn it on, from what I can tell it just destroys any deep blacks, removes any yellow colors, and just desaturates everything else. It looks like a colorblind filter. Eye comfort shield is supposed to be a "blue light filter", meaning it essentially puts a yellow filter over the screen to "filter" blue light. So how does eye comfort shield get "enhanced" by removing yellows? Like seriously, turning "Enhanced Comfort" on genuinely makes blues stand out more since it basically fights against the blue light filter. 

Can I get some official explanation on what this setting is supposed to be doing, and maybe why it was included? I cannot for the life of me figure it out. 
0 Replies