Original topic:

Whatsapp notifications are not working

(Topic created: 03-15-2024 06:35 PM)
userGqrwU4KcvI
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S24
Anyone else have this issue? All my notifications are turned on yet I never get popup notifications(ie. no notification pops up on the screen while on or locked)… they are just coming in as silent notifications that appear in the taskbar. This is REALLY annoying since I use Whatsapp as my primary messager. I'll go into Whatsapp and have 20 new messages that never showed up... All notifications are on in both phone and Whatsapp settings. Nothing is set to silent.
8 Replies
VerbumVeritum
Legendary Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy S24
Settings>Notifications>App notifications>Whatsapp>Notification categories>Message notifications>make sure "Show as pop-up" is toggled on and the other options are set appropriately.
rolling_thunder
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S24

Sadly, I have also been chasing this and am unable to find a solution... and yes, all the toggles I can find are switched on

0 Likes
Options
Galaxy S24

•  Settings  >
•  Apps  >
•  WhatsApp  >
•  Notifications  >
•  Allow Notifications Must be On  >
•  Notification  Categories  >
•  Click on top of "Group Notifications" and "Message Notifications"  >
•  Make sure Show as Pop-up is on.

0 Likes
rolling_thunder
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S24
Resolved: During Galaxy watch update a toggle there was on blocking phone notifications
0 Likes
Options
Galaxy S24

Great !!! 

0 Likes
jennis23
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S24
My s23 just updated to ui6.1 and the default samsung messaging app also doesn't sow notifications anymore. I've toggled everything to show them and tried everything. They don't even show in my task bar, but only in the app itself. Is there a workaround? A way to reset messages settings? I am missing every message that comes to me.
0 Likes
LIPA-THE-IT
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S24
Not resolved at all, I have a s24 ultra, and all my notifications settings are on/everything! And when I say it you can rely on me since I'm an IT technician, and whenever I get a WhatsApp phone call it just gives one beep and it stops to ring, and when I scroll down the notification panel, at the time of the incoming call, it indicates that the notifications are off, and the second it stops calling, the notification gets back turned on by itself!
0 Likes
userQLHNi9IYrd
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S24
This continues to be an issue on the s24 ultra. Has anyone from Samsung or WhatsApp acknowledged the issue officially?
0 Likes