Original topic:

When connected to wifi, many calls go straight to vmail S24ultra AT&T

(Topic created: 08-03-2024 01:28 PM)
user64ZHLVgaF6
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S24
When I'm connected to my home wifi, I am getting reports from many people that their calls are going straight to my voicemail despite me having #1 signal strength and #2 being connected to home wifi with wifi calling on. This is completely unacceptable. AT&T acts like this is not happening. Samsung, to contend with Apple it has to work as seamlessly. 
9 Replies
realaud
Honored Contributor
Options
Galaxy S24
How is this Samsungs fault when anything having to do with calling/Wi-Fi calling, call routing and voicemail is on the carrier?
Ubikwity
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S24
Because it happens to me too, and I'm on Verizon.
0 Likes
realaud
Honored Contributor
Options
Galaxy S24
Still carrier related. The calks are not getting routed to the phone on the carrier network. All carriers have intermittent interference. At least the calls are going to your VM, so you are still getting them.
0 Likes
Ubikwity
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S24
Never ever happened on my iPhone (currently lost at sea)
0 Likes
realaud
Honored Contributor
Options
Galaxy S24
Just because it never happened on you iPhone doesn't mean it's not a carrier issue. Today is a different day than yesterday. This is not a phone issue. Call routing, VM and Wi-Fi calling are all carrier issues. If they are getting to your phone, it would show in your call list as either an unanswered call, or call rejected by phone--then it's a phone issue. If they are going straight to VM and not in your list, that's a carrier issue, as they are not even being registered by your phone as an incoming call.
0 Likes
Ubikwity
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S24
Hmm. No problem with iPhone on Verizon on Monday, next day Tuesday on s24 still on Verizon, same number, major problem. You can understand maybe why it's hard to believe it's a carrier problem, not a phone
0 Likes
realaud
Honored Contributor
Options
Galaxy S24

if they are not in your call list, they never got to the phone - period.  That makes it a carrier issue.  If they are in your call list, then you can call it a phone problem.  Your first line of contact on this would be the carrier.  It could be a provisioning issue with your number and the Samsung IMEI.  If you have no problem with your iPhone, just use that if you are not satisfied with your Samsung.

0 Likes
d0x360
Halo
Options
Galaxy S24
I have a call dropping issue when using wifi calling (Verizon is my carrier, Xfinity is my ISP @ 2gigabit).

It happens on wifi5, and 6e.. drives me nuts
0 Likes
meself
Neutron Star
Options
Galaxy S24
Not a Samsung issue it's carrier related