Original topic:

Where Is the My All Apps

(Topic created: yesterday)
rraisley
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S24

with my S20+ I could add an Apps button to the bottom of the home screen, which would access all my apps, even hidden ones, in alpha order if I wanted. Or I could swipe up from the bottom of the page, which did the same thing.

With my new S24+, there is no such option for the button, which was described in Samsung tech support here:
https://www.samsung.com/uk/support/mobile-devices/where-is-the-apps-button-on-my-home-screen-how-do-...

And the only way I can get apps to show up on the new phone is to change the Home Screen Layout to Home and Apps screen, which removes all my side-to-side "screens", where I like to organize all my app icons.

Is there a solution to this? The Tech Support rep I've been texting with for the last hour or more says I have to take it to a service center!!

0 Likes
5 Replies
GaryB82
Galactic Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy S24
If you want the app button, Long press on the home screen
Select settings and toggle on show app button
This is from my S24+ 1725764425920.jpg1725764425954.jpg

If you've found my post to be helpful, Please like my Comments āœ“āœ“āœ“.
If my response resolved your issue, please press the Like and āœ“āœ“āœ“ to Accept as Solution button.

rraisley
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S24

Yeah, that's how it worked on my S20+, but this S24+ has no such selection.

rraisley_1-1725764619271.jpeg

0 Likes
GaryB82
Galactic Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy S24
Change it to home and app screen and you will see the option
Plus you will then be able to swipe up to access your apps also
1725766569213.jpg1725766569215.jpg

If you've found my post to be helpful, Please like my Comments āœ“āœ“āœ“.
If my response resolved your issue, please press the Like and āœ“āœ“āœ“ to Accept as Solution button.

rraisley
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S24

Ah, I see. You have to select Home and Apps screens on the Home screen layout, to show the button. Which makes little sense to me because when selecting Home and Apps screens, you can simply swipe up from the bottom to see the apps. But then you have no side-to-side screens, screens which you can organize as I like and add Widgets to, etc. So the button is there then, just superfluous.

But when selecting Home Screen only, so I can view the side-to-side screens and set the up the way I want (heck, the way everyone I know of does), that button and option disappears. And swiping up then shows some silly screen with no more than 10 icons, of which I appear to have no control, and searches which I can do on the Home screen. So I see no reason for that screen at all, but I sure miss my All Apps screen!

Could anyone tell me when this change happened (in what series or Android version)? As I said, my S20+ could do all this perfectly. If I return the S24+ is there another phone I can get that works the way I want it to? Perhaps an S23 or S22?

0 Likes
Options
Galaxy S24
Well, having no app drawer on home screen only set up makes sense because it's home screen only. You can easily pull as many apps up to your home screen if you use the option with an app drawer, so it will still be set up on many pages with the apps you want, and then still have the app drawer.
0 Likes