JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

notification for syncing emails... won't go away

(Topic created: 05-04-2024 11:10 AM)
userMOAKxrr37h
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S24

Starting either late last night or this morning there is an e-mail icon in the left corner and notification of "syncing emails...."  and notification says "1 active in background>.  When I click on that it says check background activity and notes email is running.  I think this was caused by some update in the past few days but not sure how to go back to prior.  Not sure if this is using battery to keep trying to sync.

I've cleared the cache, closed the program, etc but nothing seems to fix this.

Any pros know if there is a fix in the works?  Thanks.

JUMP TO SOLUTION
183 Replies
Hiroshiken2507
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S24

Just press and hold the notification, once this is done, click "Notification settings" —> notification categories —> email sync notifications and then turn it off. 

0 Likes
userPZBgdQayYq
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S24

Swiping it away worked for me just now (5/7/24) on my S23.  Swipe down from the top of the screen to view your notifications and instead of tapping the clear button, swipe the "syncing email" notification itself to the left.  It should disappear.  At least it did for me.

Caggy
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S24

Thankyou it worked 

0 Likes
JoMo2
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S24

I've been trying to get rid of this notification for almost a week.  Never thought to swipe it off the screen.  Thanks for that.  Worked like a charm.

0 Likes
bvis
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S24

Just like Tender 🙂

0 Likes
riccardop
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S24

Swipe left

0 Likes
lvque702
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S24
Drag down your notifications. Place finger on syncing messages and swipe to the left. It's gone.
0 Likes
rabinono
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S24

by an actual physical swipe from left to right on the notification. However, it goes back again for me and it says it was working for 90+ hours

0 Likes
Victőr
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S24

I have the S22 ultra and i've been having the same issue for the past few days with this sync notification. However, i did swipe it away and while it doesn't pop back, the e-mail app still appears as working in the background. If i try to forcefully end the task, it simply appears again with the notification of ,,Syncing e-mails" or whatever and i am back to ground zero. All i am hoping for is one ui 6.1 but since you have the s24 then you have it and the issue is still there so idk. Samsung please fix!

0 Likes
jodiiiiiii
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S24

swiping worked!!!