Original topic:

"To do this you must install the digital wellbeing app"

(Topic created: 05-18-2024 11:41 AM)
Members_zFNpF1t
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S24

I've got a strange "bug"(??) I never had before on my Samsung phones before the S24.

If I try to set a timer for longer than 30m via "OK Google" voice commands, my phone replies "To do this you must install the Digital Wellbeing app". 

My phone already has the Digital Wellbeing app installed and its running. 

I can manually set the alarm, or set alarms below 30m with voice commands, but more than that I get that message and it refuses to set my alarm. I've poked around in the app and dont see anything or anywhere to enable alarms, and also have checked "Clock" but.

I've owned several Samsung phones and have NEVER had this issue. I'm quite tech savy, including with my Samsung phones, and have no idea why its doing this or how to fix it. 

Any help would be appreciated. 

4 Replies
user7lS2s6WOeG
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S24
I just had the same exact problem. Google Assistant has been getting worse by the day. I think it's deliberate to push their AI product replacement
Danny4867
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S24

my s22 started doing this last night & I am not happy with it,, I'm an adult & I will use my phone for as long as I wish.  Fix it samsung or I will go to Apple

TylerAmes
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S24
This is not a samsung issue. I know this because Bixby sets the alarms just fine. You can just use Bixby for certain things instead of google
TylerAmes
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S24
Try just using Bixby for this instead of google assistant, or switch to Gemini as it doesn't have this issue either
0 Likes