Original topic:

sending to a group text

(Topic created: 08-25-2024 04:15 AM)
pixelww
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S24

I like to the Google Messages app (using 24 Ultra) and have been using since 22 Ultra. I had hoped since the upgrade this would have been fixed, but maybe I am missing something. When I select am image to text and want to text it to multiple people, the default is to send it to the people individually, not together as a group.

I end up having to start a text chain with a "." and then go back to the photo and then send it to the group text starting with a period. I start with a period because anything already started in the text chain gets wiped out.

Surely, I am missing something - there must be a way to start with another app and share it with a group not already started.

??? Thanks

0 Likes
1 Reply
realaud
Honored Contributor
Options
Galaxy S24

You have to go into the Google messages settings and to into the advanced settings/group messaging and make sure that the option to group mms is on (send mms reply to all recipients) and not mass text.  Also, when you select to create a new message. a little box comes up at the top of the screen to create a group.  You should create your group and give it a name, then you can select from your contacts or add a number to the group that's not in your contacts.

Screenshot_20240825_121328_Messages.jpg

Screenshot_20240825_121402_Messages.jpg

0 Likes