cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
user8CNHXeVnzj
Constellation

Incomplete connection charging.

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Charger says it has an incomplete connect. Second day, has anyone else had this issue? Miserable, stuck to the wall!

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Supernova

Re: Incomplete connection charging.

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hey, everyone, if you are having difficulties charging and have attempted a soft reset as well as multiple charges, I would suggest looking into repair options.

You can do this by calling 1-800-726-7864 or reaching out to your carrier or phone insurance who may have other options available to you.

I hope this helps! Please let us know if we can help with anything else and our community will be happy to help!

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

275 REPLIES 275
Honored Contributor

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hello @user8CNHXeVnzj

Just to verify, is this the charger that came with the device, a different one, maybe even a wireless charger? Also can we get the exact model number and Baseband version (both under Settings>About Device) for your device as well as your carrier? Thanks!

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

userndAJOaSuKB
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I have the same problem with my 3 week old Samsung Galaxy s8 phone. Incomplete charging using Samsung chargers. I have even purchased 2 new ones (none came with the phone) and they keep saying the same thing.  My previous Samsung Galaxy phone did not ever have this problem.  I don't see where this problem has been responded to as yet.   

Honored Contributor

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@userndAJOaSuKB

The chargers you bought were both USB-C ones, correct? Also, do you mean that there was NO charger in the box with your device when it was purchased?? That's really weird!

Might I ask where you bought the phone?

userndAJOaSuKB
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

There was a "plug-in" house charger in the box, but no car charger. I had to purchase a car charger and USB-C cable.  I purchased the phone at the  Verizon store, Newburgh, IN.

Honored Contributor

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Ah yes, thanks for clearing that up! Does it give you that same error when using the in home plug, or just when using the car charger? If it's all chargers and cords then that's something worth sending the device in for an evaluation at the least.

userSiY4Dx39Qz
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I got my phone about a month ago. I have had no issues with it until now. I am using the same charger it came with, nothing is wrong with the charger, and it keeps telling me incomplete connection. 

zcyclcras
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Issue started a few weeks ago after the latest over-the-air update.  Using the same charger/cable that came with my phone, it no longer recognizes it as Fast Charging capable and I get the "Incomplete Connection" warnings.  Using wireless charging has better chances of working but it too occasionally doesn't work either.

I will reach out to Samsung Premium Care to see what they say.

Model: GM-G955U (S8+)

Carrier: Verizon

Android: 7.0

Samsung Experience: 8.1

Basedband: G955USQU1AQK3

Kernel: 4.4.16

Build: NRD90M.G955USQU1AQK3

Hardware: REV1.0

userXsdUp1boDC
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I went to a local retailer who tested the charging block that I have and the root cause was with that piece of equipment.  He gave me a new charger and cable and it is charging fine.  I own a Samsung S8+

userWayEmGamGS
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

My first phone I bought in April would not charge because it detected moisture when it never had been around water...found a thread where that is a problem everywhere, so Samsung sent me new one, now I get this replacement and a few days later it gives me this incomplete connection when I plug in to wall charger provided barely charges...crap phone very disappointed