cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Missinthings
Constellation

MMS problems after Android Pie update

JUMP TO SOLUTION

After my pie update I was having major problems with sending and receiving picture messages it was forcing me to turn my data on which I like to use my Wi-Fi, what I learned was after the update you have to go into your settings and turn your DNS to automatic. Pie update turned mine off! It is working beautifully now I truly hope and helps somebody out

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
userJ5rIy8YWmD
Astronaut

Re: MMS problems after Android Pie update

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Thank you, I'll try this.

Besides suddenly requiring mobile data to send images via text, my S8+ is also limiting me to 140 characters before converting from SMS to MMS when I send a 'text to email' using a program my friend set up for us. 

I just spoke with a tech at my carrier, Xfinity Mobile, and she said Samsung has gotten a LOT of pushback on this issue; another update, containing a fix, is "upcoming"... hopefully in a couple of weeks. 

4 REPLIES 4
Comet

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Interesting. I posted a question recently about my wife's inability to send MMS images over Wi-Fi but didn't get resolution yet. I'll certainly give this a try. Odd that it would impact her S8 but not my S9, though. I checked my settings and saw Private DNS set to off, but my S9 is able to send and receive images over Wi-Fi on both stock Messages and Textra. I'll try it and see if it helps.

Dan
Galaxy S9 SM-G960U on Xfinity Mobile + Gear S2 Classic
userRJojKDPxK9
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

tried it...no luck..

userJ5rIy8YWmD
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Thank you, I'll try this.

Besides suddenly requiring mobile data to send images via text, my S8+ is also limiting me to 140 characters before converting from SMS to MMS when I send a 'text to email' using a program my friend set up for us. 

I just spoke with a tech at my carrier, Xfinity Mobile, and she said Samsung has gotten a LOT of pushback on this issue; another update, containing a fix, is "upcoming"... hopefully in a couple of weeks. 

useria3IiFETmU
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Wow! It DID THE TRICK for my S8, which was suffering from the same issue after the Pie update. Thanks for sharing!

@Missinthings wrote:

After my pie update I was having major problems with sending and receiving picture messages it was forcing me to turn my data on which I like to use my Wi-Fi, what I learned was after the update you have to go into your settings and turn your DNS to automatic. Pie update turned mine off! It is working beautifully now I truly hope and helps somebody out