cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Asteroid

Wifi calling setting is missing s8+

JUMP TO SOLUTION

My phone is currently unusable for a network provider! Please help!

Somehow magically the wifi calling on my device turned itself on and now I cannot make or receive calls. I'e been on the phone for hours with Metropcs saying it' my phone settings and Samsung saying it's Metropcs fault. Ugh!! 

Screenshots of settings of all places it could  be found. Also just factory reset my device because I ran out of other options.Screenshot_20180314-033943.png

Screenshot_20180314-033317.png

Screenshot_20180314-033222.png

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Astronaut

Re: Wifi calling setting is missing s8+

JUMP TO SOLUTION

it is now under call settings. Go to the phone icon / dial pad, hit the three dots in the corner > settings > wifi calling 

View solution in original post

32 REPLIES 32
Highlighted
Honored Contributor

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hello there, @Underpink. I'm glad you reached out here with your concern.
I certainly want to assist you further with this matter. You mentioned a factory reset on your device. Did you add any data or apps back to your phone afterward or test it before adding things back? 

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Highlighted
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Thanks so much for replying, I am still having this issue.

It was several hours before I decided to re download any apps or games because I was speaking with Metropcs trying to resolve this. It was an unsuccessful attempt. So I went ahead and added stuff back.

However, early the next morning I powered off and on my phone again and I saw a notification about wifi calling, this is the first time I'd ever seen anything that siad wifi calling on my phone since I got it. Picture attached.

Thanks again for attempting to help me resolve this problem.

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Interesting. Looks like it was turned off in that Screenshot which is good. Selecting the notification should have given the option to toggle it off or on. Out of curiosity, do you have Wifi turned on when you notice that Wifi calling is also on?

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Highlighted
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION
I cant remember one way or the other for sure if wifi was connected the first time i saw it however, funny thing is it popped up again about an hour ago after connecting to a new wifi network. I was curious myself and pushed it this time, but it just disappeared, then I was worried I turned it back on so I powered off and on and after a few minutes it showed up again.
Highlighted
Honored Contributor

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Looks like it might just be giving you the option to turn it on now via that popup whenever you connect to a wifi network. Not hitting that should prevent it turning on. At least it's giving you the option now!  Smiley Happy

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

WiFi calling is also missing from my phone as well, had anyone found a solution to this?  I'm dead in the water at the moment because somehow it got switched to never use mobile networks for calling so now my phone is useless when not on WiFi.  

Please help

Highlighted
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

it is now under call settings. Go to the phone icon / dial pad, hit the three dots in the corner > settings > wifi calling 

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I have the S9. I don't see the setting nowhere. Not in call settings either.
What can I do to enable it?

Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I recommend getting in contact with your carrier regarding this issue.