JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Galaxy s9 stuck in boot and update loop

(Topic created: 02-02-2019 06:51 AM)
useroWALmYvTQz
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S Phones

My galaxy s9 tried to install the latest update yesterday morning and has been stuck in a loop since. At first, the phone would only update to 35% and then be stuck on that screen. I tried the volume down+power trick to stop the update and that is what started the reboot loop. The screen will light up with the Samsung powered by android logo and then it will turn back off and then repeat. I tried stopping that by pushing the volume up+bixby+power button. That caused it to try and update again. It will install up to 24%-28% and then stop and go back to the boot screen. It will repeat the attempted update 2-3 times before going back to the boot loop. I've tried letting the battery die. That didn't work.  I tried charging it and nothing. Only one time when it tried updating did it pop up with an error screen. The phone has not been physically damaged. I am out of ideas. 

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
MrZell
Black Hole
Options
Galaxy S Phones

@userk2pYy7WH6I@userxvuNAueLC3, Thank you for reaching out to us to address your concerns. If the troubleshooting posted here has been tried with no success, then repairs are recommended. Can you send us a private message here with the below information: http://bit.ly/2GH8URL

Model Code:
15 Digit Imei Number:

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

View solution in context

23 Replies
SamsungAdam
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Is your device backed up? We would recommend a factory reset. All data will be removed from the device. If the SD card is encrypted the data will be unreadable after the reset and it will require formatting before it can be used again.

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

0 Likes
usertYgJE8joSy
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S Phones

I"m having the exact same problem.  How would I factory reset if I can't get past the Samsung or Update screen?

SamsungAdam
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Can you please send me a private message for further assistance?

0 Likes
usertYgJE8joSy
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S Phones

done

0 Likes
useryQuGQ1z5NK
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S Phones

did your phone get fixed? i am still having issues. i am on chat with samsung support right now.

useryQuGQ1z5NK
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Hello, I am having the same issue!

0 Likes
MrZell
Black Hole
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Hey @useryQuGQ1z5NK, Thank you so much for reaching out to us to address your concerns. Wanted to provide you guys with this article to assist with your device stuck in a boot loop. You can locate the troubleshooting steps here: http://www.samsung.com/us/support/troubleshooting/TSG01001534/

0 Likes
userk2pYy7WH6I
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S Phones

What did you do to fix this? I am having the same issues

0 Likes
userk2pYy7WH6I
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S Phones

I have this issue too! What did you do?